Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick up the Auqa and the Blessings decks at my FLGS today. No Promo cards included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AllenDoum wrote:
Pick up the Auqa and the Blessings decks at my FLGS today. No Promo cards included.

I updated the FAQ to reflect this (and other recent questions here) a couple of days ago, after I picked up my copies from Reiner. No English language Fire Spirits seen yet (not even Reiner has any).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Deuber
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my Aqua and Blessings yesterday.

Fire Spirit was included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdeuber wrote:
I received my Aqua and Blessings yesterday.
Fire Spirit was included.

From where? They aren't included as standard as they were with the last two decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Deuber
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
www.gamesurplus.com

Ordered Sunday night. Received Tuesday.

After reading that no promos would be included I was bummed, but when I opened it up yesterday and saw the Fire Spirit, I was pleasantly surprised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
I didn't get any Fire Spirits in mine... were they in the decks or packaged separately?

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Deuber
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got one Fire Spirit (not two like the Earth Spirits came). Burning quietly at the bottom of the Blessings deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Hmmm...I got two copies of the Blessings deck and neither came with the Fire Spirit card...time to contact FFG I guess...

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post the FFG response. I did not get a Fire Spirit in my deck. Sounds like it could be a packaging glitch, as the Blessings deck would only have 30 cards as opposed to the Aqua 31.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ollenberger
Canada
Wetaskiwin
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yes, I would like this mystery to be solved before I shell out for my copies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
AllenDoum wrote:
Please post the FFG response. I did not get a Fire Spirit in my deck. Sounds like it could be a packaging glitch, as the Blessings deck would only have 30 cards as opposed to the Aqua 31.

I encourage others to contact them at their website concerning this as well. I've already waited nearly a week for a response of any kind (even a confirmation that my message was received!) from their customer service staff regarding an issue with a different game.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get the promo either. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ollenberger
Canada
Wetaskiwin
Alberta
flag msg tools
Broke down and ordered it today, straight from FFG's online store. Waiting with baited breath to see if it's included or not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Here's the response I received from FFG:

Quote:
We have yet to decide on a promotion for the Fire Spirit Cards, but it will
be good. Keep checking the site for upcoming information.

Jim
FFG Inc.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ollenberger
Canada
Wetaskiwin
Alberta
flag msg tools
So, if the english publisher hasn't even released it yet, how did someone get it already?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Deuber
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's like the golden ticket, and I am one of five lucky gamers to tour Fantasy Flight Games game factory!

Seriously, how can I be the only one to get this card? I posted a picture of the card because I was beginning to believe I hallucinated the whole thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdeuber wrote:
Seriously, how can I be the only one to get this card? I posted a picture of the card because I was beginning to believe I hallucinated the whole thing.

I don't know, but here's a speculation. (The first bit isn't, the end bit is.) The promotional cards (or at least some of them, maybe all of them) come from that the cards are printed in sheets of 32 or some multiple thereof. That produces spares when a deck contains only 31 or 30 cards, and in recent cases these are the promotional cards. In the case of the Pillar and E&I:A (Earth Spirit) these were left in the decks, but for Khind and Terrah (Water Spirit) and Aqua and E&I:B (Fire Spirit) they were taken out for separate distribution. How the separation works I don't know, but just maybe in your case it was imperfect, leaving the Fire Spirit in the deck.

(Incidentally the spare cards in Vulca and Terrah were the icon summary cards, in Mimix and Flit the cross-promotion cards. If they are/have been reprinted, who knows?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.