BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Painting My Plastic Minis From LOD D&D Board Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Hello,

I have take it upon myself to paint my miniatures that came with the Dungeons & Dragons Adventure game.
I have done some research on the topic so i think i can handle it. Most of the supplies i had lying around the house luckily (even tho neither my wife or I have an 'artistic bone' in our body).

Anyways, my question is: Can i use Mod Podge Matte for a finish on my Minis? We have some already and it would be great if i could just use that. But i couldn't tell if that was something 'ok' to use for the last step of protecting the paint job.

So is it ok to use? Is there something that is the more obvious choice that is worth getting?

-Thanks.

Oh, and I live in an apartment, so sprays are pretty much out of the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never used it but with a quick google search it looks like it will work. The only concern may be its durability. Board game minis can be handled and tossed around allot.

The best durability I have found comes from using a clear coat acrylic for strength and then hitting it with a matte to get rig of the shine. Both can be picked up in brush on forms. There are also people that swear by Future acrylic floor wax.

BGG also has a Miniature Painters Guild

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.