Popular Tags: [View All]
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook:
[quote]You can buy a Shield Module and charge your Shields in the space of one action.[/quote]
We have been playing that charging shields at TP is a free action, as long as one pays for it.

It doesn't seem to unbalance the game, but I'm wondering if this is a correct interpretation of the intent of the rule or not.

Of course, the first time we played, we messed up and got money for cubes that were traded for tech upgrades. We've noted that error, but continued it for the first game, which led to some players having a lot of money at the end of the game....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wylann wrote:
From the rulebook:
[quote]You can buy a Shield Module and charge your Shields in the space of one action.[/quote]
We have been playing that charging shields at TP is a free action, as long as one pays for it.

It doesn't seem to unbalance the game, but I'm wondering if this is a correct interpretation of the intent of the rule or not.

Of course, the first time we played, we messed up and got money for cubes that were traded for tech upgrades. We've noted that error, but continued it for the first game, which led to some players having a lot of money at the end of the game....

Charging shields costs an action, but if you buy shields, you can charge all of your shields at the same time without using an additional action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, I've somehow missed that all this time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
Wylann wrote:
From the rulebook:

Charging shields costs an action, but if you buy shields, you can charge all of your shields at the same time without using an additional action.

Chris is correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.