Popular Tags: [View All]
David Brashaw
Ireland
Newtownards
Co Down
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We can confirm the 2012 revised edition will be arriving in the UK next week. c27th August.
At this time a US distributor has not been confirmed.
However the new edition can be ordered online for delivery worldwide now from www.guardsguards.com It can be done by debit card/credit card or Paypal and you also receive a free limited edition bookmark illustrated by Stephen Player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition. What are the differences between the first and second? I understand there are updated rules, but are there any differences when it comes to components, etc? (And has there been anything added that make it so the updated rules can't be played with a first edition game?)

Thanks,
Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rue Sailmana
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
The Hedgehog Can Never be Buggered at All
mbmbmbmbmb
msweazey wrote:
I have the first edition. What are the differences between the first and second? I understand there are updated rules, but are there any differences when it comes to components, etc? (And has there been anything added that make it so the updated rules can't be played with a first edition game?)

Thanks,
Michael

Same questions here. The first edition is a bit strange at times, what has been updated in the rules of the second edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping that a representative of the company might have responded by now (almost a month). I had also emailed them with no response. I don't expect them to respond to every email, but I would think they would troll BGG every now and again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rue Sailmana
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
The Hedgehog Can Never be Buggered at All
mbmbmbmbmb
After posting the question above, I came across this post: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10029579#10029579

So no new pieces and the new rules will become available soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! Thanks for the post! I was surprised that there was no response because they have been very communicative in the past.

It is especially nice that it is cross-posted here now so maybe more will see it. I really enjoy the flavor of the game, and I look forward to the improvements. (I was looking forward to the tall cylindrical markers being changed so they didn't get knocked over all the time! Oh well, nothing a quick trip to the bandsaw downstairs won't fix!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here is the link to the new ruleset!
http://www.guardsguards.com/downloads/GG-Second-Edition-Fina...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Boyd
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michael,

Sorry we did not get a chance to respond to your post before now but we have had a crazy last few months.

As you may or may not know we (as in David and I, aka Backspindle games) have self-published the second edition of Guards! Guards! It has been a pretty steep leaning curve, sorting manufacture, shipping, distribution etc. On top of that we have been working towards the release of our second game, an abstract strategy game called Codinca which we are working towards launching at Essen next month.

Anyway, thats my excuses done. I'm glad to see you have managed to track down the new rules with out my help. We will advertise them properly and post a pdf directly here and on facebook in the next few days. (The pre-ordered copies of the new edition only arrived and were posted out yesterday so we wanted to be fair to those who had pre-ordered and not go shouting about "free new rules" to much before they got their copies).

So I hope you enjoy the new rules, As I said in a previous post they are minor changes but they do make a difference.

Do let us know what you think once you have tried them out, and as always give us a shout if you have any questions.

regards
Leonard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Leonard! It's all about being excited about making a fun game even better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.