Subject: Alternative Zombie Poses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin O'Mara
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is so much fun and everyone I have played it with leaves happy and wanting to play again. But I have heard a number of people online wishing that there were more than 5 zombie sculpts for the walkers.

I found a simple solution that worked for me. With an exacto knife you can cut off arms arms and reposition them as well as exchange heads between models or reposition them. As a result of an hour of hacking and slashing my zombies I ended up with most of my male zombies looking unique in some way. The female zombies are a bit harder to modify, you can still reposition or swap the arms to some degree as well as their heads, but it doesn't look as good as the males. Now that I have painted some of my zombies, between different colors and different poses they look vastly different from one another.

Another option is to get some zombies from Wargames Factory. They sell a multi-part plastic set for a mere $20 that comes with 30 zombies. I own a set of 30, which I am using as extra zombies when I run out in Zombicide. Compared to zombicide miniatures they appear a little bit shorter and bulkier, but from a small distance they look just fine next to each other. I also used extra arms from Wargames Factory on my Zombicide zombies and they give even more diversity.
You can find these here: http://www.wargamesfactory.com/webstore/dark-futures/zombie-... or on eBay for cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kam
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a great idea! Got any pictures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a really simple, clever way to get more poses! I too would love to see some photos of your results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm... your link took me to a dead page (pardon the pun)

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/webstore/dark-futures/zombie-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T E
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kharnel wrote:
Sounds like a great idea! Got any pictures?

Yeah, pics or it didn't happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sagritalo
United States
Round Lake Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
hmmm... your link took me to a dead page (pardon the pun)

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/webstore/dark-futures/zombie-...

What is the scale of these models?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Mara
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Steven: You are right, I don't know why that is a bad link, but the link you put works just fine for me.

@RandomOne: I have seem them mentioned as 1/56th scale and 28mm scale.

I will see if I can take some pictures and put them up today for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
those minis are smaller. but enough to not be that big of a deal. I'm in the processes of finishing up gluing them together I'll have a comparison shot tonight... provided I remember...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pic below is a comparison of Zombicide! and Zombies from Wargames Factory.

They are much smaller, but with the bases, it offsets the difference. I'd rather they be properly sized, but eh. I'm going to start looking for a 30mm or 32mm sized zombie and see about them.

Though the wargames ones, you have to build.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Power
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try some HorrorClix zombies. They're said to be about 30 mm. Miniature Market has a decent selection (Sorority, Cop, Lawyer, Hard Hat, Patient) for about $1.50 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.