for this player.

Fresh Meat for the Grinder (Five): + 1 Free recruit for this
player when you draw this card
(on top of the recruit limit of 5).

Paradrop (Six): 1 extra unit is deployed
to anywhere else for free
during deployment phase.
The rest are as normal.

Each player, starting with the player who has the starting token (which is passed around clockwise as normal each round), chooses one of the turn cards as labelled above. They gain that ability for the remainder of this round and must take all turns in the number order on the card...1 being first, 2 second and so on!!

My aim is make the players who have 1 and 2 gain the most powerful bonus's as this game seems to favour those who take turns later.

I have tried to make 3 and 4 more geared towards collecting influence and building finance.

I have tried to make 5 and 6 more about deployment and troop numbers.

Player one has to reveal their move/deployment first, this tends to mean they also reveal their strategy/tactics to everyone else without knowing what the others are really going to do. I have found that they can become a 'weak' target for other players so to keep an edge to it I gave them a combat bonus.

I have put player twos ability in second place to help force up bidding on strategy cards, if no one bids after them then they get a very cheep card, if someone does bid after them Lazax get to rake it in.

Third player gets influence, influence is always good. A guaranteed 4 influence in this round even better!!

Player four is about mobilization...get to where the action is/isn't. Get to the influence. Get away from bombardment!!

Player five gets a precious troop...extra to his/her usual five. Can't grumble at an extra troop.

The sixth player delpoys one troop anywhere for free, the rest are deployed as normal, they may deploy the extra troop in the same space as the rest of the troops are deployed!!

Feedback please, what do you think?

My Thanks Heath x x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twilight Cal
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So... to clarify,

Each player gets a choice, starting with the first player or are they automatically handed out in that order to order of play?

Similar to picking the influence cards in TI3 whoever picks first does get a bonus over what they are going to get.

Whichever way, I think it sounds like a fun idea and I look forward to trying it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea, and yes, very similar to the strategy cards from TI3, but as as far as I'm concerned that's a good thing.

Players like Hacan and Lazax will surely avoid card 3 but love 1,5,6 and may give influence starved Letnev a fair shot at some free money.

Although Lazax may love card 5 to get an extra mechanized unit (unless you specify REGULAR unit) which I would recommend.

Does card 6 mean that a player cannot deploy the extra guy to somewhere else you've already deployed to?

--

On a side not, TI3 always had more cards than players, with bonuses, which may \benefit the game. You could place an influence on card(s) not chosen this round.

I would like to see a 7th card perhaps allowing you to claim a leader for free out of the dead pool, or at a discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Stockburn
United Kingdom
Burnley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Suggestion.....will think on the seventh card and bonus influence for unused cards.

To clarify card six: the player can deploy one extra unit of their choice to anywhere on the board. Bombardment rules apply.

To clarify card selection: the starting token is passed around each round as normal. Starting from the player with the starting token each player may choose the turn card of their choice. For the remainder of that round the stages are resolved in order of the card numbers. 1 being first 2 second etc... At the start of the next round players select cards again and so on throughout the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. G.
msg tools
I like this variant. I have had many games where the turn order has completely messed up my strategies (mostly with respect to fulfilling the Sol Victory condition as part of an alliance), and giving players more choice would definitely make the game more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Stockburn
United Kingdom
Burnley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check in Files below for the download that allows you to play this. Much Love x x x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Fredlund
Sweden
Veberöd
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Post my comments from the file page here as well

A variant to picking order could be to let the player who picked the 1-card to start the selection next round. Could anyone who has tried out this give a review? Are the cards balanced, how is the game play changed?

Another variant could be to bid for picking order, just as in Risk 2210, but maybe no one is willing to pay influence for this.

Could you add a backside to your picture so those who want to can print out nice looking cards without a white back? Where did that 7th card go or wasn't it a good idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steeve Leonard
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This looks very interesting...
Is it just me, or can't I find your files?
Was the link removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of creating something like this myself. Would everyone be in agreement that going last is typically best, and going first typically worst? Or should the abilities all be roughly equal in strength?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.