Subject: Any news on the release date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cloud hermit
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is my most-anticipated game of the year. Can't wait to pre-order it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris Wiersinga
Netherlands
Leiden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
It will be there at Essen 2012 if all goes well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any possibility of seeing the rules online ahead of time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
Any possibility of seeing the rules online ahead of time?

My offer: if Splotter sends me an advance copy I will scan the rules and put them on BGG for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragnar Krempel
Netherlands
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any reason not to, although the rules are not quite done yet (some minor editing issues, still no pictures, need a few more examples of play).

I'll try to convince Joris/Jeroen to upload them as soon as the rules are final (that seems to have worked with the Box artwork). However, best case scenario is that the rules will be availible a few weeks before Essen at best. I don´t see it happening until the end of september.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like October 16: http://www.splottershop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Z...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rogers
United States
Yakima
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.
mb
dr_kruvajan wrote:

Rejoice fellow Splotterens! The Great Zimbabwe is almost here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
75€ for great zimbabwe.....

is this also a great box like antiquity? saw antiquity sold essen 2011 also for 75 euro.

some years ago indonesia and greed inc. the smaller boxes was sold less then 75 euro - think it was 55 for greed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martins Livens
Latvia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bionic1982 wrote:
some years ago indonesia and greed inc. the smaller boxes was sold less then 75 euro - think it was 55 for greed?

was 65 for Greed IMHO and still is.
Not a big box. So you are right - price a little bit increased, but probably there is a reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marliv wrote:
bionic1982 wrote:

was 65 for Greed IMHO and still is.
Not a big box. So you are right - price a little bit increased, but probably there is a reason.

Inflation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
really was 65€

damn my mind - was there in essen 2010? and i think it was less, but maybe my mind leads me wrong :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
It looks like you can order 2 copies for the same shipping price as 1 so it may be helpful to find another interested person in your area who also wants a copy and split the shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hao Cheng
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually if you register the new website, you'll get a lower price, I'm not sure 75€ for the great zimbabwe is MSRP? but who cares, splotter's new game is always a must-buy game.^O^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dantecheng wrote:
Actually if you register the new website, you'll get a lower price, I'm not sure 75€ for the great zimbabwe is MSRP? but who cares, splotter's new game is always a must-buy game.^O^

If you're outside the EU, it's pretty likely that you're seeing a VAT-free price.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hao Cheng
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
dantecheng wrote:

If you're outside the EU, it's pretty likely that you're seeing a VAT-free price.

B>

Yeah, you are right,dude.In fact, the local retailer in my country(China) supplies price less than 120 bucks(and preorder may get a little bit discount), I guess that is also inclduing VAT(17% in China).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
e schild

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The shipping price is horrendous. I've ordered piles of PCBs for an arcade machine from Hong Kong and Japan and mainland China and shipping generally costs less than $20 via EMS and gets here in 3 days (5 days max).

30+ Euros to Texas is the definition of oppressively overpriced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schild wrote:
The shipping price is horrendous. I've ordered piles of PCBs for an arcade machine from Hong Kong and Japan and mainland China and shipping generally costs less than $20 via EMS and gets here in 3 days (5 days max).

Ive had several dealings and exchanges with joris and splotter and have always been incredibly impressed with how customer oriented a company it is. They truly do this as a hobby and strive to please those who want their games. To whatever extent you feel "oppressed" by their charges, I'm confident in saying they are suffering from an equally negative feeling over you not being able to access and enjoy their game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris Wiersinga
Netherlands
Leiden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
If anyone knows of a cheaper way to ship limited amounts of 2-3kg packages from Holland to around the world, we'll gladly switch. Today we use the Dutch post. We searched for alternatives last year and did not find anything cheaper...

Joris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Finlay
Australia
Beldon
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Don't sweat it Joris. Shipping from most first world countries is far more expensive vs from China/HK. The rates quoted above are about what I'd expect to pay here in Aus or in London (when I lived there) to ship to the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schild wrote:

Why don't you try sending a 2kg box from Texas to Australia and tell me how much it costs?

For any others following along, here it is.

http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10013&m=6&p...

Looks pretty oppressive to me. Note that 30EUR is US$38

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Rustin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schild wrote:

The company you ordered from almost certainly does enough shipping that it gets far better prices than a small company that sends the occasional parcel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Soller
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping single games from Europe to the US is ridiculously expensive. I just had to ship my entire boardgame collection from Germany to the US and I found that shipping heavy packages is actually not so bad but you need to ship in bulk.

With DHL, 20kg (box size can be huge) costs 76 Euro and 31.5kg costs 89 Euro to the US...that makes shipping reasonable if you ship in bulk (7-10 games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rkrempel wrote:
I don't see any reason not to, although the rules are not quite done yet (some minor editing issues, still no pictures, need a few more examples of play).

I'll try to convince Joris/Jeroen to upload them as soon as the rules are final (that seems to have worked with the Box artwork). However, best case scenario is that the rules will be availible a few weeks before Essen at best. I don´t see it happening until the end of september.

well, it is towards the faaaar end of September, no rules yet?
Also, when are preorders being shipped; about when will they arrive if sent to the states?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
Also, when are preorders being shipped; about when will they arrive if sent to the states?
All pre-orders were packed today. The post service will come to collect them this Thursday .

Jeroen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdsplotter wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:
All pre-orders were packed today. The post service will come to collect them this Thursday .

Jeroen

woohoo!!! can't wait to get mine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.