Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just checking if there are any people planning to play netrunner in PDX. I know there have been some successful CoC tournaments recently and am hoping that NR may be even more popular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dugger

Corvallis
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm based in Corvallis but PDX isn't too far out of range. Definitely hope something emerges locally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
take a look here, someone's already started a Portland entry:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145793/call-for-androidnet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dugger

Corvallis
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I finally figured out that was a geeklist of location based puns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Justin, my gaming group in Philomath has a group pre-order placed for at least seven of us to be getting in on Netrunner next month (we've got nine, but two weren't attending in time to get in on the order when it was placed). I'm sure at least a few of us would be willing to play with you when we can.

Unfortunately for the OP, PDX *is* rather far for anyone in my group... At least on a regular basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dyer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I added a comment on the Geeklist, but I am interested in playing. I was just talking to the guys at Portal Games today to see if they would be ordering copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj Giri
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a copy at Cloud Cap yesterday. When I went to Portal Games on Thursday they acted like I was crazy when I mentioned Netrunner (they'd never even heard of it)!(edit: I've been back since, they're a great FLGS )

I'd love to meet sometime to play in Portland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grogboxer wrote:
I bought a copy at Cloud Cap yesterday. When I went to Portal Games on Thursday they acted like I was crazy when I mentioned Netrunner (they'd never even heard of it)!

YOU'RE ALL GOING DOWN!!

Eventually.. when I get good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dyer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grogboxer wrote:
I bought a copy at Cloud Cap yesterday. When I went to Portal Games on Thursday they acted like I was crazy when I mentioned Netrunner (they'd never even heard of it)!

I had a similar experience with Portal on Friday despite the fact that the week or two before one of the guys told me they would be getting some copies of it in stock. In general, I have not been too happy with their customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Roberts
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play in PDX, been bringing my copy to Red Castle Games on Thursday nights since I got my copy at PAX 2012. I've played 3 games with base corp decks and 3 games with a modified HB deck.

Still working on the few kinks in rules and working on deck building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj Giri
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Alexander: I'll try and make it out this Thursday if possible. Is it a regular group that's there? I just got this since by the time I got to the Fantasy Flight booth at PAX they were sold out I'll probably just be playing the starter decks to get the hang of it, walk before you run and all that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think Thursday might be good for me. Meet at Red Castle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj Giri
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't make it, did this end up happening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Klotz
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more on the Gresham side of Portland, but it would be great to find at least another person to get together and play this with. I've had the game for about a week, but just played the first two games with my brother today. Love it so much. Would love to find that someone on this side of town was interested in playing. I'm fairly casual, but could see getting into this game pretty hardcore, if some any tournaments popped up, or enough people were just playing for fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj Giri
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following the cue of a few others, I made a Google Group for Portland-area Netrunner:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/pdxnetrun...

Feel free to post stuff there, hopefully something can get organized in a central location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gagan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Long time player of the original game. One of my top 12 games and my favorite CCG.

I've been running a limited pool Netrunner league for the last 18 months with a few other friends.

Liking the new game. FFG is doing a nice job so far.

I live near Guardian and occasionally hit Red Castle. Send me an e-mail here and let's play sometime soon.

Playing against the same five guys over and over, it's like an old poker group. SO MUCH META!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subtle Salmon
msg tools
Hi Everyone.

I've made a Facebook group for Portland Net Runner.

You can join the group here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158057734341464/

We'll be getting together on Thurs @ Guardian Games @ 7:30pm. Starting this upcoming thursday. I will talk to them about putting us on their calendar as well.

Be aware that this thursday is Pizza & Beer night @ Guardian Games. So it is 21+ and $10 gets you pizza and beer.

I suggest you join the group and feel free to post if you want to suggest another time/place to get together for games. If not, come out to GG on thursday!

I realize theres a google group. To be honest, I prefer the FB group format. Feel free to join both groups!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Sandborgh
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey...I noticed your post back in August about Netrunner around Corvallis. I live in South Albany and play some Netrunner with my wife, but would definitely be interested if there's folks around who are still playing Netrunner. Let me know!

Thanks,
Sean Sandborgh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read thread title. Think "hey, that might be fun to drive up on a weekend afternoon for a game." Read thread. Oh, the other Portland. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
Read thread title. Think "hey, that might be fun to drive up on a weekend afternoon for a game." Read thread. Oh, the other Portland. whistle

Ever play Empire Builder? Lumber comes from Portland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hathaway
msg tools
Guardian games runs a monthly tournament, Dice age in Vancouver has about 4 people every wednesday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Portland, OR community has its information portal here (Facebook):
PDX Netrunner

There are many different game nights, a League (Red Castle Games), and now two locations running tournaments (Guardian Games and Cloud Cap Games)

We also have several LCG Nights where more than just Netrunner get's played.

And if that isn't enough for ya, Seattle is just 3.5 hours away by car...
Seattle Area Netrunner

Some of the graphics we use for various groups and events...

And here are some of the recent tournament graphics...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.