Subject: any updates on a release? (cough, cough, Jason, cough) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am super excited about this title but regrettably was unable to get in on the kickstarter.

I'm about to start my massive post-GENCON order from CSI and have a few pre-orders on that list. Is SMERSH gonna hold things up alot because last update I heard was november? Just wondering if there was any update on release. Most GENCON stuff seems to be coming out in the next few weeks (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Jason)........

all in good fun Mr. Maxwell, can't wait to play your game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Kickstarter Update:

Project Update #33: Gencon Success!
For backers only, Posted by JASON MAXWELL

Sorry for the late update. I've been under the weather for a while now. And busy finishing up our other game for the printer.

Gencon was great. I demoed nonstop - not even making time for lunch - and the response was all very positive. Several people have posted in the forums on BGG about the demos. It seems everyone really enjoyed the game. And I had a blast as well.

The game is mostly printed. It is being assembled right now. The only other thing they need to print is the book, so hopefully the games will ship in 2-3 weeks. That's a hopeful guess.

I was able to pick up 1500 copies of the promo card. I really appreciate the guys at Coolstuff. They went out of their way to promote the game and make sure I had everything I needed. Really great guys working there, and they love games just like the rest of us. Oh, and they did make a video. Keep checking their site for that.

I'll post again when the game ships from China.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the shipping (in 2-3 weeks) is from China via boat... add +4weeks minimum, then trucking to Atlanta or where ever the assembly point is, and then out to the backers... I am hoping for early to mid October.

So who knows when the retail market will get their non-KS copies... Nov - Dec?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ramsey
South Korea
Chungju
Chungbuk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Too bad they can't just drop mine off on the way since I'm in Korea. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
So I am super excited about this title but regrettably was unable to get in on the kickstarter.

I'm about to start my massive post-GENCON order from CSI and have a few pre-orders on that list. Is SMERSH gonna hold things up alot because last update I heard was november? Just wondering if there was any update on release. Most GENCON stuff seems to be coming out in the next few weeks (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Jason)........

all in good fun Mr. Maxwell, can't wait to play your game

Hi Trevor, I told Coolstuff that it would be around November and so far that is still the date for retail. Mailing out 1200 copies to kickstarter is going to be a job...only because I have a sign a lot of the books inside and have several hundred I have to make sure have their extra rewards. I am not sure how long that is going to take. But a couple weeks after they all go out I will tell coolstuff to start shipping. Thanks for your interest in the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this note on the Kickstarter updates page, based on Jason's latest update:

Based on my experience with other games printed in China and shipped by boat, the timeline should look something like this:
Sept 14 - Book printing and final package assembly completed
Oct 12 - Boat arrives in US and container clears US Customs
Oct 17 - Truck delivers games to Jason
Oct 23-31 - Backers receive their copy

This is purely my conjecture. But it's probably pretty accurate. These things ALWAYS take longer than you think they would.

I predict I will have my copy in hand by Oct 26, just in time for my monthly gaming meetup. Let's see how close I come to being right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
..so you are not in essen,right?
When will it be available in Europe, meening at retailers in europe?
Do you thnik about a german version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw a note from Jason dated 9/17 that the printers need at least two more weeks to finish the game. That means it won't ship until the end of September at the earliest. Mucho sadness. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I am expecting it to ship out from China any day now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got notice. The games are at the port in China. Ship is scheduled to start voyage on the 17th. Very excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Does anyone know how long it takes for the cargo ship to cross the ocean? I've heard one month, but that seems too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Any Chance this can get to the BGG Library by BGGCON? (14th of november).
Anything I can do to make sure it does?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.