War of the Ring (First Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Companions, Mordor & Hunt Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrant Lobe
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
I was reading a strategy article on the game's main page about Free Peoples strategy once in Mordor. I kept seeing references to the remaining Fellowship Companions affecting the number of Hunt Dice the Shadow can use to find the Ringbearers. I couldn't recall seeing a rule stating how Companions affect Hunt Dice, and when I then went to look in the rulebook, I still couldn't find one.

Do Companions have an effect on the number of Hunt Dice once inside Mordor? If so, can anyone point me to the rule, please?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For every companion in the fellowship at any time the SP can place an equal number of dice "eye" side up in the hunt box prior to the action dice roll. Then after the die roll, all dice bearing the "eye" result are placed in the hunt box. Only a maximum of 5 dice are ever considered when resolving hunt effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
my_game wrote:
For every companion in the fellowship at any time the SP can place an equal number of dice "eye" side up in the hunt box prior to the action dice roll. Then after the die roll, all dice bearing the "eye" result are placed in the hunt box. Only a maximum of 5 dice are ever considered when resolving hunt effects.

INSIDE MORDOR
In Mordor the number of dice in the Hunt Box can easily be more than five and any EYE trile drawn will inflict damage equalt to the number of dice in the Hunt Box (Shadow and FP dice), and if the number is greater than five so will the damage caused by the EYE tile be.

Example: The Fellowship is on the third step of the Mordor track.There are five Shadow EYE dice the Hunt box and the Fellowship moves its third time in the turn (i.e. there are two FP dice already in the Hunt Box for a total of seven dice in the Hunt Box).

If a Hunt tile with an Eye is drawn it will cause seven points of Hunt damage to the Fellowship.

OUTSIDE MORDOR
Outside of Mordor the number of dice the Shadow can roll when rolling for the Hunt is capped at five (even if there are more dice in the Hunt Box).

INSIDE AND OUTSIDE MORDOR
The number of Companions still in the Fellowship limits the number of dice the Shadow player may allocate to the Hunt during the Hunt Allocation (e.g. if there are two Companions the Shadow is only allowed to allocate up to two EYE dice).

Remember that if Gollum is the Guide the Shadow player may still allocate one EYE die and if the Fellowship moved in the previous turn the Shadow player must allocate at least one EYE die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Veldrin wrote:
my_game wrote:

INSIDE MORDOR
In Mordor the number of dice in the Hunt Box can easily be more than five and any EYE trile drawn will inflict damage equalt to the number of dice in the Hunt Box (Shadow and FP dice), and if the number is greater than five so will the damage caused by the EYE tile be.

Example: The Fellowship is on the third step of the Mordor track.There are five Shadow EYE dice the Hunt box and the Fellowship moves its third time in the turn (i.e. there are two FP dice already in the Hunt Box for a total of seven dice in the Hunt Box).

If a Hunt tile with an Eye is drawn it will cause seven points of Hunt damage to the Fellowship.

OUTSIDE MORDORhttp://www.yahoo.com/
Outside of Mordor the number of dice the Shadow can roll when rolling for the Hunt is capped at five (even if there are more dice in the Hunt Box).

INSIDE AND OUTSIDE MORDOR
The number of Companions still in the Fellowship limits the number of dice the Shadow player may allocate to the Hunt during the Hunt Allocation (e.g. if there are two Companions the Shadow is only allowed to allocate up to two EYE dice).

Remember that if Gollum is the Guide the Shadow player may still allocate one EYE die and if the Fellowship moved in the previous turn the Shadow player must allocate at least one EYE die.

Thank you very much for catching that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.