Subject: When will we actually see this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom T
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now that GenCon has come and gone, does anyone know when we will start seeing X-Wing in our local shops?

thx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Toshach wrote:
Now that GenCon has come and gone, does anyone know when we will start seeing X-Wing in our local shops?

thx.

The display cases said September. Targets have cleared shelf space for them. I would imagine it has to be soon since they don't want to waste shelf space that could be carrying other product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toshach wrote:

thx.

I KNOW RIGHT?! I'm dying over here with everything pre-ordered and the waiting is KILLING ME!! #dramaticnerd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kain
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I was fortunate enough to grab 2 copies of the game at Gencon, and I haven't even opened them yet *duck* They were running out of them fast though, and I'm talking I grabbed one of the last 40, and when I came back 1 hour later, they were all gone. As were the expansions and the additional miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scheitlin
United States
Halethorpe
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I had a Y-wing and Tie Advanced in my hand ready to put back and when I noticed they were all gone I bought them both. I do wish I had splurged and bought an additional copy of the base set. Having the extra dice and rulers would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Dizzy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much were the base sets selling for at the convention?

I'm going to Star Wars Celebration, and will probably have a chance to buy it there.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Base set is $39.95, expansions are $14.95.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom T
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks guys. When I called the two gaming shops near me they both say pretty much the same thing, "when it's released." I keep checking on the Super Target near me too, but nothing yet.

So it is an exercise in patience. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shilts
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameStop has 9/7 as a release date on their website, but who knows accurate that is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game and expansions are available on Amazon (through Funagain) and they have a release date of September 19.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-X-Wing-Expansion/dp/B007Y8J8...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope it's not too much longer than the Netrunner release. I have both on my CSI preorder, and I'm worried about one holding the other up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Piqsid wrote:
The game and expansions are available on Amazon (through Funagain) and they have a release date of September 19.

Which means that you'll get your game some time towards the end of October if you order through Amazon, probably, because they don't get enough stock to fill all preorders. And that they pulled the September 19 date out of their collective ass.

I asked for a more specific date for the German version on the Heidelberger forum, and they were both very forthcoming with information and very open about not actually knowing. It's not certain when the ship will arrive yet, when it arrives it's not certain how long customs will take, and then it's not certain how long several levels of transport and logistics will take to get it to the stores. I don't think that'll be much different for the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I passed up a chance to buy the game yesterday at Star Wars Celebration. I have it on pre-order, and there are enough games I own but haven't played that I didn't see the need. I did talk to some FFG guys and distributors about a release date, Borderlands, and a Rex expansion. Talk about cagey! It was like they worked for the CIA instead of a board game company. They wouldn't say much. The distributor told me mid to late September for X-Wing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lee
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this in another thread a couple of days ago. The SE Wisconsin Target distribution center shows the game will be at the center on August 29th, so I am guessing to have the game in hand by the end of the week.

Dates do change, but the space on the shelves has been cleared for a while now...PLUS, the same distribution center showed Star Trek Catan scheduled to be at the center on August 23, even though the game was not supposed to be released until "fall." I had the game in hand on August 24.

So, I am hoping very seen, but we shall see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TimLee wrote:
I posted this in another thread a couple of days ago. The SE Wisconsin Target distribution center shows the game will be at the center on August 29th, so I am guessing to have the game in hand by the end of the week.

Dates do change, but the space on the shelves has been cleared for a while now...PLUS, the same distribution center showed Star Trek Catan scheduled to be at the center on August 23, even though the game was not supposed to be released until "fall." I had the game in hand on August 24.

So, I am hoping very seen, but we shall see.

So... anything happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer posted here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/853066/star-wars-x-wing-rele...

Sept 12th in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.