Subject: I Need Advice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Richards
United States
Deerfield Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
Hello - last year I bought a used copy of this game before the latest reissue came out. The copy I received was in perfect shape but I've just discovered that it is missing about half of the cardboard counters (not the unique ones). Everything else is accounted for (all the cards, all the plastic figures). Do you think the game is still playable, substituting generic game tokens for the missing ones? Or should I plunk down sixty dollars for a new copy? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all are you sure that you are missing half?

Second I never use any cardboard tokens except for maybe the territory control markers.

Third it looks cooler to me to have piles of armies leaking out of the edges of the attacking territory. (Creates a feeling of impending doom for the FPsauron)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you mean some of the army markers or whatever?

I have never once used those. Unless you have a terrible memory and can't remember what you were doing, it's pretty easy to remember where an army is, even if it's past some boundaries.

100% playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is the round Army replacement counters, I echo the previous comments. Instead of those we simply transferred the oversize army onto a discarded Event card (face down) which sat in the sea sometimes, or an unused area of the board. Then we put a different colored die in the relevant space on the board, topped by the commander of that army (for the Shadow, a minion or Nazgul), if any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.