B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of focus has been put on the cards for this game, and with good reason, since the cards are the heart of the game.

However...

Unlike the original game, which presumed you could find something to use for counters and bits and the like, this game comes with a token sheet to meet those needs.

Here are some detail shots from an unpunched token sheet. I didn't feel the need to put the whole thing out, because the rest of the sheet is just more of the same.

Left side is side "A" (front) and Right side is side "B" (backs).

I'm really impressed with the credits, they look like tiny integrated circuits, which is a wonderful nod to what a lot of folks did in the past, which was to use actual small IC circuit boards as their currency.

Having some tokens be dual use is also a nice feature.
The '1's are an advancement counter when flipped.
The tags are bad publicity when flipped.
The red/blue are your 'generic tokens' for anything else you need during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested, I've cut and cropped the markers in transparent .png format. I also have the same from the rulebook where the colours are a bit more bright. If anyone wants these (desktop icons etc) let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Seretis
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
byronczimmer wrote:

I'm really impressed with the credits, they look like tiny integrated circuits, which is a wonderful nod to what a lot of folks did in the past, which was to use actual small IC circuit boards as their currency.

That is just.... MIND BLOWN!

I've been tinkering (no pun intended) with the idea of buying a programmer and some small 8-pin IC's for making something a friend wanted, and this just solidified it.
Just imagine playing the game using microcontrollers as currency, and having those controllers programmed with something netrunner related.
Or better yet, have a breadboard on the side, with a small lcd screen ,and when you plug in the controller, your credits total gets updated on screen.

God damn you Byron, look what you've done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.