Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this is exciting!

Courtney Allen and Emmanuel Aquin ( D-Day Dice and Airborne In Your Pocket ) have agreed to work together to design a mini expansion that enables Up Front and Airborne In Your Pocket to be played together. The mini expansion will be played by both Allied and Axis players as the scenario set-up for the Up Front game.

This expansion will be available for purchase during the Up Front Kickstarter campaign but will be free to all Airborne In Your Pocket Kickstarter supporters who pledge $35 or more (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325766284/airborne-in-y...) and pledge during the upcoming Up Front Kickstarter campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Extraordinary !!!
Sensational !!!
Magnificent !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caius wrote:
Well this is exciting!

Courtney Allen and Emmanuel Aquin ( D-Day Dice and Airborne In Your Pocket ) have agreed to work together to design a mini expansion that enables Up Front and Airborne In Your Pocket to be played together. The mini expansion will be played by both Allied and Axis players as the scenario set-up for the Up Front game.

This expansion will be available for purchase during the Up Front Kickstarter campaign but will be free to all Airborne In Your Pocket Kickstarter supporters (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325766284/airborne-in-y...) who pledge during the upcoming Up Front Kickstarter campaign.

Any further details on that? I'm anxiously waiting for Up Front, but I really don't care about AIYP. Since AIYP is a cooperative game, how come the two would be playable together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
endou_kenji wrote:
Since AIYP is a cooperative game, how come the two would be playable together?

caius wrote:
The mini expansion will be played by both Allied and Axis players as the scenario set-up for the Up Front game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCarron
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So apparently in the span of a few days we have gone from this (cross posted from another thread) stated by some one "in the know" as it were..

DaveyJJ wrote:

Kingdaddy wrote:
All true, but please, please, don't tinker with the rules. Improve the rulebook, don't modify how the game plays.

I will say again what I am permitted to say to hopefully address your concern: The "changes" to the game are to both simplify learning it and to improve certain aspects of the game overall. You will be getting Up Front and the classic, hard-core enthusiasts of the game need not worry.

to this

caius wrote:
The mini expansion will be played by both Allied and Axis players as the scenario set-up for the Up Front game

To me that sounds like a modification to how the UF game gets played. Yes it's a small thing (the setup), probably insignificant (being mini expansion and probably not required) but nevertheless it is still in contradiction to what Kingdaddy specifically asked and the reply he was given - unless you consider this "improving certain aspects".

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travillaintim wrote:
To me that sounds like a modification to how the UF game gets played. Yes it's a small thing (the setup), probably insignificant (being mini expansion and probably not required) but nevertheless it is still in contradiction to what Kingdaddy specifically asked and the reply he was given - unless you consider this "improving certain aspects".

Tim, I think you are reading far too much into this.

First of all, it's not available to all buyers, only those that pledge both games, so it can't be a basic part of the system.

Second, it's obvious this is like a bonus scenario. You would play AIMP and that would generate a scenario for UF. This is bad, how??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travillaintim wrote:
So apparently in the span of a few days we have gone from this (cross posted from another thread) stated by some one "in the know" as it were..

DaveyJJ wrote:

Kingdaddy wrote:
All true, but please, please, don't tinker with the rules. Improve the rulebook, don't modify how the game plays.

I will say again what I am permitted to say to hopefully address your concern: The "changes" to the game are to both simplify learning it and to improve certain aspects of the game overall. You will be getting Up Front and the classic, hard-core enthusiasts of the game need not worry.

to this

caius wrote:

shake

It just sounds to me like you're still just getting the regular Up Front game; and for those who have AIYP, there will be an optional way to set up your UF game. Don't have AIYP? Then just set up UF the way it's always been done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genre_Fad wrote:
endou_kenji wrote:
Since AIYP is a cooperative game, how come the two would be playable together?

caius wrote:

Ah, thanks! Didn't notice that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCarron
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
travillaintim wrote:

Tim, I think you are reading far too much into this.

First of all, it's not available to all buyers, only those that pledge both games, so it can't be a basic part of the system.

Second, it's obvious this is like a bonus scenario. You would play AIMP and that would generate a scenario for UF. This is bad, how??

I think you missed what I was getting at - I'm pretty sure I said its not required

Nevertheless, let me try explaining what I meant using a different tact...

/summons best sounding Futurama Professor Hubert J Farnsworth voice/

Good news everyone! Finally I have synthesized German Up Front personality cards 48 and 49, but they are only available with Airborne In Your Pocket: Zombie Apocalypse World War III expansion part 98....

/summons off

Get the drift yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travillaintim wrote:
Get the drift yet?

Now you're just making stuff up. But don't let me stop you from worrying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Get the drift yet?

Of course, I get your drift.

LIGHTEN UP, TIM!

Frankly for a lot of people who own the original UF don't own Desert War or the cards for Relative Range or Folgore! or Tom Cundiff's many UF card sets. BFD!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
travillaintim wrote:
I think you missed what I was getting at - I'm pretty sure I said its not required

Nevertheless, let me try explaining what I meant using a different tact...

Good news everyone! Finally I have synthesized German Up Front personality cards 48 and 49, but they are only available with Airborne In Your Pocket: Zombie Apocalypse World War III expansion part 98....

If that's what they had said, you'd have reason to worry. But, you just made that stuff up yourself, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

All they said is that there would be an expansion that would change the way a scenario is set up. They didn't say a word about modifying the base game in order to be compatible with this expansion, or taking anything from the base game and making it only available in the expansion. As an expansion, it is just optional rules and components should you choose to add them. So, if you'd rather just play classic Up Front, you would just choose to not use the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how it starts.

But when your nephew is clamouring for Up Front-opoly for Christmas don't act like Tim didn't warn you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
travillaintim wrote:

Since you referenced Futurama, allow me to reference/paraphrase THE SIMPSONS :::

Valley Games: "Hello Gamers! I bring you an Up Front reprint, Peace, and Love!"

Villager: "Hey everybody, he brings us Peace, Love, and a reprint of a long out-of-print classic game that has always been a favorite of mine -- Let's break his legs!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.