Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Chang
United States
IRVINE
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey Guys,

I have a very interesting Question regarding the OL card Web Trap. The card states: Play this card when a hero enters an empty space. That hero and each hero adjacent to him tests might. Each Hero who fails is Immobilized.

Immobilized states: You cannot perform move actions or suffer fatigue to gain movement points. Discard this card or taken at the end of your turn.

What happens if I play web trap on a single hero who is adjacent to 3 other heroes whose turns have already ended and they all fail their checks? Does Immobilize carry over for the other heroes whose turns are already over to the next round or does immobilize fall off right away because their turns are already over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernan Stanton
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Trapped In A World I Never Made...
mbmbmbmbmb
I would play it that the heros who have already had their turns must wait til the end of their next turn, as you discard it at the end of your (ie individual heros)turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NerdyCat wrote:
I would play it that the heros who have already had their turns must wait til the end of their next turn, as you discard it at the end of your (ie individual heros)turn.

thumbsup +1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
tkelly wrote:
NerdyCat wrote:

thumbsup +1

I also agree. "Your turn" in the Immobilize context is the turn of the hero/figure who is immobilized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
tkelly wrote:
NerdyCat wrote:

thumbsup +1

I also agree. "Your turn" in the Immobilize context is the turn of the hero/figure who is immobilized.

Yep that is why Web Trap is the best OL card in my opinion. It also makes the warriors more valuable, since they are the only base game heroes with might > 2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Chuck Singer)
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Web Trap is really powerful. Knowing that the Overlord has Web Traps forces the Heroes to play differently. On the first turn, if you moved a Hero from the back ranks up through the first rank heroes, the OL could web trap you there and hit 2 additional heroes (the first flank heroes) and if they get immobilized there, it is probably game over.

A Disciple with Cleansing Spirit (remove a condition when using Prayer of Healing) and Holy Power (Prayer Healing affects 2 Heroes) makes Web Trap less powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
So the hero which was currently moving and immobilized by the web trap loses his condition at the end of the present turn, whilst the immobilized heroes next to whim, which had already had their turn, remain immobilized until the end of their next turn.

That would mean that the principal target of the web trap will be able to move before his pals.

Got it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
So the hero which was currently moving and immobilized by the web trap loses his condition at the end of the present turn, whilst the immobilized heroes next to whim, which had already had their turn, remain immobilized until the end of their next turn.

That would mean that the principal target of the web trap will be able to move before his pals.

Got it right?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David L.
Germany
flag msg tools
Now that I think about it, this means (in my opinion anyways) a web trap is better when played on a moving warrior (with high might) adjacent to, say, a healer (with low might) than the other way round. Because in this way it can probably steal a whole turn (while also probably failing on the actual target, the warrior).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
EfreetInABottle wrote:
Now that I think about it, this means (in my opinion anyways) a web trap is better when played on a moving warrior (with high might) adjacent to, say, a healer (with low might) than the other way round. Because in this way it can probably steal a whole turn (while also probably failing on the actual target, the warrior).

That's true, except that Healers don't need to move as much as Warriors do in order to do what they need to do. Often Healers are given Ranged weapons, so being Immobilized would just force them to heal, rest, or fire some shots where they're at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation.

As an OL, I usually target the hero who has the lowest awareness - and it often happens to be the warrior archetype (blind brutal zerker).EDIT : I should not write stupid commentaries...cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Web-Trap doesn't target awareness...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
Web-Trap doesn't target awareness...
You are perfectly right !
Actually, as I never had the occasion to go for a campaign game (nor did I go for Epic playing), I never had tested that OL card.
So, sorry for the erroneous commentary.blush

(I presently am playing a campaign solo, to get the feel of it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.