ben saylor
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
I saw that matrix games has a PC version of this game. I was wondering what people thought about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like it. It has some new features that cant be played in the board game and it plays very much like the board game
The PC version has true fog of war, and a variable AP system that I really like.
Ive recorded some videos on the subject at the link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U40eZvRYAdQ&feature=plcp

More at
http://www.youtube.com/user/charlescab82/videos?query=confli...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We will soon be running a world wide tournament. Either Americas against the rest of the world or some other suggested mix. The computer game is actually very good and a LOT of fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The PC game is very well done. If you want to play it just like the board game you can. The available additions enhance the game and are optional.

Also, in addition to the 10 standard AtB firefights, there are another 20 or so that are well done.

Overall a great game for fans of the series.

My only lingering question is how it would appeal to those not familiar with Conflict of Heroes. I honestly don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the positive reviews. I wish more board wargames had this kind of electronic version. It has a great user interface that really gets you playing quickly. The AI is fairly challenging, at least to me. My only frustration is that my life has been so busy lately I haven't had the time to really delve into this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brandt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I downloaded the pc version the other day. So far, I'm really enjoying it though it seems to play slow and I grow impatient with some of the music that it plays.

Still, I'll give it a solid 8/10 so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One addendum, yes the game is great. No there aren't a regular supply of online opponents.

If you want to play live opponents expect to work to make it happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been having some games organized here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ConflictofHeroes/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlescab wrote:
We have been having some games organized here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ConflictofHeroes/

Yeah, I'm a member of that group too. Not much activity there that turns into actual games though.

I'm as guilty as anyone in that regard. My point is don't expect to show up in the in-game lobby expecting to find players. You'll work to make it happen.

BTW - Charles, you should be responding to my message in the W@W Vassal room rather than surfing BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm I looked and didnt see any messages. I did send you a message.. just wondering of Barry ever responded to your post for the game.. but I dont want to hijack this thread with that conversation.

The toughest part is getting one person to commit to a time to play in advance. When other people see it, they tend to come on quick. But its tough for all of us to do that I am sure. But when I have posted there I do get good responses (not just there but other forums too)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
From what I've seen the game looks like a great take on translating a physical game into a digital one. I'm VERY interested to see how it takes off both as a model for eVersions of boardgames which more publishers seem to be getting into, and as the evolution of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gelston
United States
Dunedin
Florida
flag msg tools
Uwe, any plans for an iPad version? That would be great a platform for it (and give me, as a Mac owner, a way to play the game ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, an iPad version is definitely being discussed, but will take a while yet.
Uwe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the meantime, I can report that the PC version works pretty well on a Mac via Parallels. Sometimes you can find Parallels on sale. A nice tool to have in your Mac toolkit.

As for the iPad, I'd recommend looking into Battle Academy. Some folks complain about the price but it is very well done. I also feel it has many of the same mechanics as Conflict of Heroes with an action point system, card-like events, etc. It also covers more than one front.

It could be as close as one can get to Conflict of Heroes on the iPad for some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do bring COH to the iPad please make it have an asynchronous feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gelston
United States
Dunedin
Florida
flag msg tools
I like Battle Academy, but I was a little disappointed in some of the multiplayer scenarios. Some of them seem slapped together with symmetrical terrain and opposing forces and no historical background. A few of them are very good, though, as are the single player campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gelston wrote:
I like Battle Academy, but I was a little disappointed in some of the multiplayer scenarios. Some of them seem slapped together with symmetrical terrain and opposing forces and no historical background. A few of them are very good, though, as are the single player campaigns.

With multiplayer historical tactical wargames, hardly anyone is happy. Typically a historical scenario uses two major factions cooperationg together, which means you would probably have to play on teams to play any scenario. Anyway the scenario is designed to be played as multiplayer someone will not be happy. It to me is one of the biggest problems with wargaming is it is tough to enjoy a multi player experience and be historic (in tactical games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Hilton
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that there are 20 scenarios that come with the the computer version of AtB, in addition to the 10 that are also included in the board game version. Would it be possible to make available those extra scenarios for those of us that would like to play them on the board game version? Perhaps they could be posted on the Academy Games website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shilton wrote:
I see that there are 20 scenarios that come with the the computer version of AtB, in addition to the 10 that are also included in the board game version. Would it be possible to make available those extra scenarios for those of us that would like to play them on the board game version? Perhaps they could be posted on the Academy Games website.

That is an interesting ideas. I have't looked closely enough to know if the maps would translate. I suspect they are custom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.