Twilight Imperium (Third Edition): Shards of the Throne» Forums » Rules

Subject: Technology Objectives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TJ
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
If an objective is revealed requiring you to have X number of technologies do you include your starting technologies or are only the technologies you have researched count towards the objective? Is there a reference that answers this question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Ok thank you for the answer, but I have to ask. How do you know that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Skinner
United States
KANSAS CITY
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All of the Public Objectives state some form of: "I have X Technology"

If they said "I have purchased" or something along those lines it might mean something different.

Starting Technology is not differentiated from technology you purchase anywhere in the rules. They are techs you have that start the game with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Grand Champ wrote:
If they said "I have purchased" or something along those lines it might mean something different.

Such as the case with the one Jol-Nar rep, which only counts techs you have researched, and doesn't include the ones you start with.

At least, that's the ruling I got from Corey. (I'm not sure I fully agree with it, but he knows more than I what the intent was).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
THAT'S where I got the confusion from. The ruling on the Jol-nar rep. I was wondering. Thanks so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.