Wargames» Forums » Historical Context

Subject: World in Flames Statistics Anyone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Moore
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't know why I do it but I have kept statistics on the outcomes of naval and air battles for every WIF game that I have played since Ships in Flames came out. It's time consuming but I note the following:

Planes shot down (and by what opponent)
Planes completing ground support missions
Ground strike hits/misses
Strategic bombing hits/misses (and any damage inflicted by hits)

I note the specific types and models of the A/C e.g. Me 109g

And I keep a record of all naval battles noting the outcomes. When a ship is damaged or sunk in surface combat , I randomly select a ship from the attacking fleet and award the damage inflicted to that vessel.For air/naval combat it is similar as I randomly select an attacking a/c to receive the credit for whatever damage is done.

It verges on the obssessive but to me a game isn't complete without this record. I suppose it's a subconscious way of trying to find some meaning in the meaningless hours I have spent in this damned hobby over the years . I have tried it with other games but only Europa comes close to providing the stats potential that WiF does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been systematic but years ago I kept track of my combat dice rolls (because I was rolling crap) and figured out my average unmodified roll was something like 8.1 - using 2d10!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.