Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug writes:

There was still no sign of Alan and Julian, so we went for something quick in this Knizia dice game. Okay, it's not his greatest work, but I like it and as a quick risk taking game, it works. The basic idea is you roll a pair of special dice - your total is read high-low, so a 4 and a 3 is read as '43'. There is a '7' on one or the dice, and each dice also has an "X" on them. On your turn you roll the dice - you can keep this roll or keep rolling to get a better score. If you roll an X after your initial roll, your turn is over and you must retreat down the scoring track. If you roll double 1, 2 or 3 you are allowed to advance up the scoring track. The twist here is how far do you push your luck? If you are happy with a roll - let's say '51', you can stop and put the dice on a rung on a scoring ladder. This ladder has 6 spaces labelled 0 to 5. If the dice go on the 2 rung, and they are still there when your next turn comes around, then you can advance two spaces. But how are they removed? An equal or higher roll, by another player, can be placed below you dice on the ladder, removing all equal or lower dice above it. First to 21 points wins the game. I liked it, probably because I won ;-) but there is uncertainty right up until the end.

Scores:
Doug: 21
Janet/Donna: 16
Roger: 12

Doug's rating: 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.