Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Stephenson
United States
Dunn
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you're interested in playing nomic, check out deepnomic.webege.com. We use a custom built version of the ruleset and play through a forum and mailing list. We'd love to have you join in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

How would you characterize the style of play in your group? Is it more like "build a game and play it", or is it more like "have language debates and try to construct air-tight unexploitable rules."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:

How would you characterize the style of play in your group? Is it more like "build a game and play it", or is it more like "have language debates and try to construct air-tight unexploitable rules."

All the games I played were "build a game and play it until a guy comes with a language debate exploting a not-so-air-tight rule"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Accatitippi wrote:
All the games I played were "build a game and play it until a guy comes with a language debate exploting a not-so-air-tight rule"

laugh

I have a tendency to be that guy. But sometimes other players (understandably) don't like that style of play, and the different philosophies can cause bad feelings.

I don't know whether I'll join either way, because I have a lot going on, but just thought I'd ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stephenson
United States
Dunn
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rubric wrote:

Our game is "procedural," meaning the game's focus is on the mechanics of changing the rules, and thus is not about creating a second game, but the game of nomic itself. We certainly have our share of language debates, but our primary focus is on building the process of changing the rules, not making a mini-game. We've just restarted the game after a ruleset rewrite, so much of the work currently is on cleaning up the ruleset, but there's also a lot of flexibility about how things proceed going forward.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevan Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No new posts since April 2013. It looks like somebody successfully repealed "All [players] must always abide by all rules contained in the Ruleset" and it all went quiet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Byrne
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears so. If you're interested in joining the nomic we have going here, check out the Nomic Play-by-Forum Guild. You'll have to join the guild the post there, but we're looking for new players right now (we are approaching the end of the 1st round, when applicants are added to the game).

You can find the sign-up thread here if you want to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.