Subject: Multiplayer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading an article on Team Covenant about multiplayer in Seed 3.

Are there rules for multiplayer somewhere or do you have to have the Seed 3 cards to play multiplayer?

Again, we just started and only have the pre-con decks and there are 3 of us right now so multiplayer would be great!

Thanks.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mabb Queen
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seed 3 is a fixed set and includes a card describing the multiplayer guidelines...

Basically, where a card says opponent you choose any other player for that group of text. Simple...they also encourage you to use houserules as long as everyone agrees on how its played its fine.

Have you gone to www.thespoils.com? They have a forum which has active players you can ask questions of etc. Also if you are on Facebook they have a Spoils page where they post updates.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Spoils/265143740228156

A new set will be coming out (soon we hope) a non fixed set "The Shade of the Devoured Emperor".

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, Mabb. And on my other thread.

I posted here as I am finding that I am enjoying this game, as are my friends, and wanted to raise the awareness of the game somewhat on BGG.

I am a member of the forum and on their facebook page, along with daily searches of #thespoils on Twitter.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Sölvefjord
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A multiplayer option would be awesome.
Do you need several copies of the SIII set or is the one enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Westcott

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
You don't need Seed 3 to play multiplayer in general. What Seed 3 provides is an alternate multiplayer format called Showdown where you have 1 Villain vs 2-4 Heroes. The Villain uses a specific faction called the Evil Alliance, the Heroes use whatever faction they would normally use PLUS they all use the Slightly less Evil Alliance Faction card.

The Showdown format is pretty cool because the Villain deck can be bonkers (The Evil Alliance has an ability that says "you meet all threshold") and the heroes get allegiance cards face down at the beginning of the game and there is the potential for one hero to be allied with the villain. I believe you reveal allegiance cards after 7 turns or something like that. It is definitely worth trying out if you like multiplayer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.