Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is widespread or not, just an FYI. I'm not that picky so I probably won't bother contacting Z-man for replacements, but here are the problems I had in my copy:

1. Missing 1 red spice token (only 9 wooden tokens instead of 10)

2. 2 of my spice tokens were improperly cut or damaged (one of the rounded edges is chipped off / flat). One had the top part of the spice bag chopped off, another had its bottom chopped off.

3. One of my circular bidding tokens did not punch cleanly and got torn. I fixed it with a colored marker so it's not too obvious, and it doesn't really matter if the bidding tokens are "marked" anyway.

Fortunately all the square tiles punched fine.

Also, the Flag does not fit into the slot in the insert where it's supposed to go. The insert slot is too small and you really have to smash the flag in there to get it to fit. I ended up bending one of the corners on the flag tile trying to fit it into the slot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would contact Z-man about the tokens. I'm sure they would be happy to help you and it would make you feel better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy isn't missing anything and the spice bags are all the right shape. I'd contact Z-man, they should replace the missing/damaged components. The insert is kind of a let down. It seems like it was designed for the original copy of Goa. I put the extra square tiles on top of the cards and the flag tile under one of the card stacks. The spot for the flag is too small. Also, I saved my "skeletons" after I punched out the tiles(which all punched cleanly). I place them on top of the insert to keep things in place, then put the folded board on the "skeletons" so it sits flush.

I'm not OCD at all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't have any of the issues that you did - I hope you get them resolved.

However, someone had forgot to sticker my spice tokens for me! I know, just ridiculous. I had to spend all that time myself putting stickers on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cagriggs wrote:
I didn't have any of the issues that you did - I hope you get them resolved.

However, someone had forgot to sticker my spice tokens for me! I know, just ridiculous. I had to spend all that time myself putting stickers on.
Oh come on. Putting on the stickers was fun. I am glad Z-Man realized even though us gamers are snooty geeks, we still like to play with stickers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.