Subject: Zero-Gravity Tetris rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Seidlitz
Philippines
Davao City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure where we got this game. My wife actually almost threw it out because we were missing a piece. Never mind that I'm a woodworker and cut a new one in two minutes. So I'm quite glad that we kept the game, because our kids age 3.5 through 9 love it, and so do I! I've probably played it a couple dozen times so far.

The premise is simple: fit a certain number of different-shaped blocks (think Tetris or Blokus pieces) into a grid. They must fit perfectly; you will have no gaps left over when it's all said and done. You play against your opponent (typically), who is working on the other side of the board with a different set of blocks. Once you have a winner, each player adds an additional block to their set, the playing area increases by one row (one wall is movable), and you continue. There are a total of 3 or 4 rounds (depending on where you begin).

This game is quite adaptable to the skill level of the two players. If you are playing your child, for example, you will probably enjoy the challenge of each puzzle (there are countless ways to solve it) while playing at a leisurely pace. If you're playing older kids or adults, you'll certainly need to be on your toes to do well!

The game is well-constructed and is just plain nice for those tactile gamers. Nice, big wooden pieces. So far I will readily play this game anytime one of my kids calls for it. How many kids games can you say that about? :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.