United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i am learning to play it two handed solo. seems easy enough. but no there are no solo rules per se
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays great solo using two hands, but I'm not entirely sure it scales well for 2 players. I haven't come close to winning yet, and I think it might be a little easier to win with 3-4 people being able to attack together (with the additional power points not being that big of a deal). Just my theory, though. And it's really fun, regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It does function "Two-handed." There's no secret information, really; The only reason I don't tell people to put their drawn cards face up on the table in the rules is so bossy players can't as easily order everyone else around.
In my experience it scales properly for two players. In such cases, though, you have to be more focused on deckbuilding well so you have the power to take down monsters whenever they arise. And don't bother buying Might; You'll get heroism quickly enough that you don't need it unless you're trying to rush to a Wall victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It plays great solo using two hands, but I'm not entirely sure it scales well for 2 players. I haven't come close to winning yet, and I think it might be a little easier to win with 3-4 people being able to attack together (with the additional power points not being that big of a deal). Just my theory, though. And it's really fun, regardless.

Lisa and I have been playing against each enemy playing both a 2 player game and a virtual 4 player game by playing two players each. We first thought that we were going to prefer two players each with all the cards that interact with your teammates, but we're finding both player counts fun and playable.

Playing just 2 players, you get some nice breaks to build up while the monsters accumulate power - this can be very handy! But, if they start getting power boosts coming out, things can get nasty very quickly since it's a much greater increase in their power generation than it would be in a 4 player game.

It's been quite easy to play 2 players as soon as we got into the habit of just spreading our hand of cards on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy a couple days ago. I have played 3 games so far, all solo with the "two-handed" option. Great game. Very easy to play in this configuration. May try a "three-handed" option next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
And don't bother buying Might; You'll get heroism quickly enough that you don't need it unless you're trying to rush to a Wall victory.

I'm going to have to disagree with this one. Might is very helpful, especially if one player focuses on it. Having a lot of Might in your deck lets you build to walls very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.