Subject: possible a mini expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
I know this has never been the norm for the Air Series games. But any possibility to add say >=10 mission event cards, more F-16s/different set of terrain tiles(?), etc in there, just to maximize playability? just something more! (fingers crossed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
+1

yes please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Sherrard
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

More mission event cards would be great! Anything else would just be a welcome bonus for this already great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Army packs could be an awesome idea. Adding new battalions, a new war and situation card and a few new mission events. Instant buy for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'd be in for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
And I forgot more popup counters with enemy units on them. Most of the current ones are pretty much useless. On a side note, I feel they gave way too many aircraft/pilot cards in HL:CAO, which could have saved us some bucks. oh well, past is past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smith
msg tools
mb
A new set of hexes... Green for western Europe and perhaps arctic ones for North Cape etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio Perrone
Italy
FORLI'
flag msg tools
Non prevalebunt!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

and the (GMT) small ground component!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LargeGoblin
msg tools
What about some sites to destroy for stationary battalions like the sites in the other air leader games that take multiple hits to destroy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

How about a 'Cthulu' expansion just like Hornet Leader is getting?

I'd love to shoot my A-10's guns at one of the Old Ones!

For those that havne't heard this yet, go to:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/848722/the-cthulhu-conflict
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How about Transformer type robots attack the world, and your TAL squadron must stop the invasion. A ground unit can become a flying unit and chase you off the map lol

Would be less targets maybe, but would have to gang up on them as they would be tough (like mini Ogres), and one like Soundwave could become multiple enemies during the battle. They would be more mobile in general...

In fact, each enemy unit could be unique... , like the real transformers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Stick up man wrote:
How about Transformer type robots attack the world, and your TAL squadron must stop the invasion. A ground unit can become a flying unit and chase you off the map lol

Would be less targets maybe, but would have to gang up on them as they would be tough (like mini Ogres), and one like Soundwave could become multiple enemies during the battle. They would be more mobile in general...

In fact, each enemy unit could be unique... , like the real transformers...

Oh yeah... Just imagine attacking those Decepticons would be so wicked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevie02 wrote:
A new set of hexes... Green for western Europe and perhaps arctic ones for North Cape etc

I'll expand on this and suggest some "light" urban hexes to represent towns across Western Europe or wherever we may be called to come in and blow things up. There could also be the opportunity for more nasty popup encounters in urban areas, with SAM teams hiding on rooftops in a major urban setting or a battery hidden in some backyard. There would be AtG to hit penalties for targets within an urban hex.

I just ordered the game so I don't know if something like this is already in the game but how about some event cards that have special operation or scout units illuminating targets in a particular hex for an AtG bonus, but "friendly fire" rules like in Hornet Leader will also be in effect for that hex with added stress points for every missed shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Colaneri
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
www.balenaludens.it
badge
Visit us! http://www.balenaludens.it Reviews, articles, GAMES!
mbmbmbmbmb
Read my interview to Dan Verssen (written for Balena Ludens), you can find an answer to all your questions on this subject

http://ludens.balena.me/2012/intervista-esclusiva-con-dan-ve...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huey Leader! Oh crap, take my money now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I'd like to see (most of these have been mentioned above, just compiling a wish list):

More stuff:
- More aircraft (e.g. the F-15E, Avenger drone)
- More pilots
- More battalions
- More events

New stuff:
- Enemy jets
- Rules for battalions that represent big fixed targets: bridges, nuclear power plants, munitions factories, etc. Possibly also new corresponding munitions such as bunker busters.
- Non-desert terrain set(s) with distinct features (e.g. in-hex clutter from city or forest that gives all units cover)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have the old GMT TAL, but I'd buy this one if I could get flyable Mil 24 & Su 25, and play as the other side...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:
- Rules for battalions that represent big fixed targets: bridges, nuclear power plants, munitions factories, etc. Possibly also new corresponding munitions such as bunker busters.

I agree with all your wants except this Chris. Seems like those type of targets are beyond the scope of this game or the purpose of most of the aircraft in this game.

The scope of this game and role of the aircraft here are mostly about close air support (CAS). I can't see sending A-10s, Cobras, and AH-1s against a nuke plant hundreds of miles behind enemy lines.

But, that's what I have Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations for.

However, I would be good with different hard targets that might be found in a CAS type mission like attacking bridges defended by a battalion or fortifications manned by dug in troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
I only have the old GMT TAL, but I'd buy this one if I could get flyable Mil 24 & Su 25, and play as the other side...

Frogfoot Hind Leader or Rook Crocodile Leader.

Depending on your perspective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hind Commander exists, but it's regular miniatures rules, not solitaire. Still looks really interesting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
cfmcdonald wrote:

I agree with all your wants except this Chris. Seems like those type of targets are beyond the scope of this game or the purpose of most of the aircraft in this game.

The scope of this game and role of the aircraft here are mostly about close air support (CAS). I can't see sending A-10s, Cobras, and AH-1s against a nuke plant hundreds of miles behind enemy lines.

But, that's what I have Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations for.

However, I would be good with different hard targets that might be found in a CAS type mission like attacking bridges defended by a battalion or fortifications manned by dug in troops.

Fair enough, that's true. I like your suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Bateman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that some new terrain tiles would be nice (such as the different colored ones suggested earlier), but I would even be okay with it if they stayed in the desert milieu but just gave us a couple different shades or textures of sand, so we could just swap out one tileset for the other every now and then to occasionally give the board some variety. Maybe that's just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn D
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would "insta-buy" a mini-expansion with the following contents:

1) Updated/additional pilots with distinctive artwork
2) Additional varied Mission Event, Situation, and Special Condition cards
3) Some additional campaign cards with more hexes
4) More detailed damage chits with mildly updated rules (see my review)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J R
United States
Carmichael
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BirdfluNuggetz wrote:
I would "insta-buy" a mini-expansion with the following contents:

1) Updated/additional pilots with distinctive artwork
2) Additional varied Mission Event, Situation, and Special Condition cards
3) Some additional campaign cards with more hexes
4) More detailed damage chits with mildly updated rules (see my review)

Great suggestions... I think unique pilot art would be a great addition and make the "OH NO! They've crashed!" feeling even more intense. Transitions of the same character from Green to Ace (older? More confident? More tired looking?) would be very interesting as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.