Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I feel let down by this kickstarter being late? Nah. I'm far more annoyed at how things are going with the recent debacle of GOKO's implementations of Dominion and Race for the Galaxy. Mainly that they might end up as online only experiences.

Eventually I'll get black box GTR and at least that will be right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:
Do I feel let down by this kickstarter being late? Nah. I'm far more annoyed at how things are going with the recent debacle of GOKO's implementations of Dominion and Race for the Galaxy. Mainly that they might end up as online only experiences.

Some people (the non-early campers) have already gotten them, but they appear to be all west coasters with one BGG member in Ohio. I'll have to be on the lookout, as I still believe I'll need to check in with my FLGS, as opposed to waiting for a notification from them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Tadyshak
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Neo42 wrote:

Some people (the non-early campers) have already gotten them, but they appear to be all west coasters with one BGG member in Ohio. I'll have to be on the lookout, as I still believe I'll need to check in with my FLGS, as opposed to waiting for a notification from them
A few people here in Dallas have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NBAfan wrote:
A few people here in Dallas have them.

Are any of those via Madness Games? I called yesterday, and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

Edit:
I called again this afternoon and I spoke with Chris. He knows what is going on, but they haven't received the shipment yet. He said that there are a handful of us, so on the off chance that someone else sees this post, then shoot him an email at sales@madnessgames.com, and he'll keep you up to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
I picked up my copy from GenCon - I'm pretty pleased overally.

The game looks great. Am I sad that it took that long to make it to me? Nah, I've got a ton of games waiting to be played and missing out on one more for a few months is no biggie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't mind the game being late, but I hate the way they have handled this and I am still in the dark as to when I might get it. All I really want is clear communication. Promise after promise has been broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

I don't mind the game being late, but I hate the way they have handled this and I am still in the dark as to when I might get it. All I really want is clear communication. Promise after promise has been broken.

Ha.

CGF doesn't even have internal clarity on what it is trying to do. So of course everything they communicate is going to be jumbled as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Thats the only problem I have with this. If they say now, We assure you will have you game in November or in January 2013 its ok for me, im not im a hurry for playing the game. But seeing deadline after deadline broken its devastating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
celacanto wrote:
Quote:

Thats the only problem I have with this. If they say now, We assure you will have you game in November or in January 2013 its ok for me, im not im a hurry for playing the game. But seeing deadline after deadline broken its devastating.

They've demonstrated in dramatic fashion that they are incapable either of managing or meeting deadlines. If by "clear communication" you mean "a clear schedule, itenary, and timeline for completion of this project" then you are basically requesting more "broken promises". At this point, you can either have clear communication or you can have delivery on stated promises ("you'll get a game in a black box at some indeterminate time") but not both. If you want any better vision of when you might get the game (or apparently of what condition it will be in) you are simply asking a CGF representative to pull a number out of thin air. They don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
celacanto wrote:
Quote:

They've demonstrated in dramatic fashion that they are incapable either of managing or meeting deadlines. If by "clear communication" you mean "a clear schedule, itenary, and timeline for completion of this project" then you are basically requesting more "broken promises". At this point, you can either have clear communication or you can have delivery on stated promises ("you'll get a game in a black box at some indeterminate time") but not both. If you want any better vision of when you might get the game (or apparently of what condition it will be in) you are simply asking a CGF representative to pull a number out of thin air. They don't know.

The funny thing is that Ed's "real job" is an independent consultant / project lead which really makes me scratch my head as to how this got so messed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Thomas
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:

The game looks great. Am I sad that it took that long to make it to me? Nah, I've got a ton of games waiting to be played and missing out on one more for a few months is no biggie.

I must have missed this update because I would have loved to pick mine up! Last I read was that there wasn't a Gencon delivery option. Oh well...sometime it'll get here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Khayman7 wrote:
wedgeex wrote:

I must have missed this update because I would have loved to pick mine up! Last I read was that there wasn't a Gencon delivery option. Oh well...sometime it'll get here...

They originally said no to a GenCon pick-up but another vendor offered to bring copies for them and then GenCon pick-up was an option. CGF had posted it or at least edited it into one of their posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

The funny thing is that Ed's "real job" is an independent consultant / project lead which really makes me scratch my head as to how this got so messed up.

That's easy. Ed is geared toward more mature companies, where processes and procedures are established, and most of the kinks have been worked out ahead of time. What CGF has in a startup situation, where there is no clear established process, and a lot has to be done seat-of-your-pants style. The problem is, Ed seems to still be dealing with it like it's a mature entity (see Ed's comment vis using a Agile Scrum to solve issues).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Agile Scrum that's right! HA ha ha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.