Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Strategy website rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Tatta
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools

EDIT 1: WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE! Please be patient with the content, it's coming this week!

http://netrunning.weebly.com

Hi everyone! John, from Netrunning checking in. Just wanted to post this on here early so people can get an idea of what to expect from me in the future. In the past, I have ran and maintained strategy article websites for various games to much success and would very much like to get involved with the Netrunner community.

Basically, what I'd like to do is write several articles a week dealing with the various facets of the game. Eventually I'll look to expand and add people to the staff to write articles and manage other parts of the site. Some things that I've prided myself on in the past is having high quality content as well as quality custom shirts and playmats. The goal of Netrunning is to be your number one source for news and strategy for Fantasy Flight Games Netrunner CCG.

The website should be up and running sometime over the weekend as I'm putting the finishing touches on the logo and a few other minor details. You can find the website, when it's live, at:

Netrunning.weebly.com

Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope to see you all soon!

Sincerely,
Netrunning staff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome here.

I gave you your first bit.
I look forward to reading your articles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reed makamson
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
Keep us informed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just out of curiosity, why your own site versus posting information here?

Small pop-up sites are often blocked from access from public access terminals and corporate wage-slave locations.

Plus, you have a built in audience here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

Small pop-up sites are often blocked from access from public access terminals and corporate wage-slave locations.

I'd imagine, and I don't mean to speak for you John, but it seems he is planning on selling items and perhaps might have some ads on his site for revenue. Posting content here makes BGG all the credits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

I'd imagine, and I don't mean to speak for you John, but it seems he is planning on selling items and perhaps might have some ads on his site for revenue. Posting content here makes BGG all the credits.

I dislike fragmentation and I dislike being advertised at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Darksbane wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Thats understandable, and like I said I don't actually know that he has ads, it is just a possibliity. But don't begrudge him the ads if he uses them, web hosting can get extremely expensive if a site becomes even mildly popular, I lose over $1000 a year paying for hosting and other related expenses for my site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tatta
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm sure early on in the development of the website I'll post the updates here on BGG. I do this for my own personal enjoyment and never look to turn a profit on anything so you'll never see any advertising on my website outside of what is required by the host.

That said, having a website to archive information is a valuable asset. Not everyone uses BGG, especially CCG gamers. I don't expect my forums to be too active with information as long as this is around but it's nice to have an alternative place to go to talk about the game.

Also, yes, I do plan on selling products at some point in the future. Again, this stuff will basically be at cost to me and will mostly consist of t-shirts featuring the Netrunning logo (my website, not the CCG logo) and custom playmats with my logo. I'm pretty confident that everything will be well received and this will be an invaluable resource for anyone looking to get into the game and for those who are more experienced already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

Welcome to the internet.

Netrunning wrote:
I don't expect my forums to be too active with information as long as this is around but it's nice to have an alternative place to go to talk about the game.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stout
United States
Pasadena
CA - California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
I dislike being advertised at.

Look up at the top of this page.

Why should BGG be allowed to own and profit from everything this guy does?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonstout wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
I dislike being advertised at.

Look up at the top of this page.

Why should BGG be allowed to own and profit from everything this guy does?

Because BGG has been around for a long time and has done it well?

Because BGG should be rewarded for bringing together a world of gamers?

Better question: why should he be allowed to advertise for a 'for profit' website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really offended by a new site, although I'd rather see it folded into something like cardgamedb which is already established.

Quite honestly, BGG is rarely the main or best site for in depth strategy on these sorts of games anyway. Instead it's usually a dedicated forum run either by the game company or by fans - whatever the community standardizes on.

Look at any highly competitive lifestyle game, not just CCGs/LCGs. BGG is nowhere near the center of the universe for any of them from card games, to minis, to Chess or Go, etc...

Now, the for-profit part might be a potential issue if he's advertising here, but that doesn't mean that a separate forum is a bad idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather see you as a contributors over at Card Games DB.

http://www.cardgamedb.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tatta
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Updated the original post with website info. The website is now live with a welcome article. Forums and content will be posted this week! Thank you all in advance.

Also, remember to follow us on Twitter, which you can find in the top right of the site! @NetrunningGames

- John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.