Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Square Shooters

MFG: Hearland Games
#of Players: 2- 6
Age Range: 8+
Overall Construction: This is the game that brought about the patented Square Shooters Dice that unlike other poker or card based dice actually have every card and 2 jokers on them so every hand is possible. In this game there is a small deck of cards that has the possible card hands you will be trying to get. I wish these cards had been poker or bridge sized just so shuffling them would be easier. In their current form they are about 1 1/2” X 2 – 2 1/2”. It also comes with the premium dice cup. There is a score pad which is pretty standard for most games. The rules sheet has rules for not only the Basic game but rules for 8 other games. Lastly there are 2 rolls of 1” poker chips for bidding. Only downside we found to it may be exclusive to the copy is that the paint was\is chipping from inside the carvings. I received my copy directly from Heartland Games so it may have just been a flaw with rushed demo copies. You can also get a basic version of the game at local big boxes that doesn't have all the frills this version has.

Gameplay: If you've played Rummy, Gin, 500, or whatever you call it then it should be easy to play. Like I said above there are 9 different sets of rules for various games included so you're not always playing the same game. Nothing like have replay value to your games. While sitting at one of our local restaurants we tried one of the alternate games and decided that it was too simple so we expanded upon it to make it more interesting which is perfectly OK since on the outside of the box they suggest playing all of their games and making up some of your own. Again like most games we love this game is highly portable and easy to learn how to play.

Yes/No Recommend: This is a game we would highly recommend because it has all but one of the things we look for in a game. Portability, High Quality Construction, Replay Value, Easy to Learn, and it's basically family friendly. The reason I say basically is because some of the more all-inclusive games for families start at age 4. But it's not like they don't have Rodeo Rummy.

Where To Get It: http://www.squareshooters.com/ is the website for getting the game directly from the manufacturer. It also appears that you can get them from select Walgreens & Wal-marts. It may be available in other stores but this is all I saw on their Store Locator
As always I recommend that you try to ask your local game store if they have it or can special order it for you.
5% of the money from the sales of Square Shooters & Rodeo Rummy goes towards Autism Speaks.
Standard price looks to be around $17.00.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan W
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I just picked up a copy from Walgreen's on sale for $6.99. Looks interesting. besides I couldn't pass up on dice with a whole deck of cards!! Surely that will come in handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.