Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

I have not played the f2f version of the game with the Orcs but it seems that when I play against someone on the iOS version, the Orcs dominate.

I wonder if it is just bad luck (or play) on my part.

To me, the unit that can keep rolling after an attack to gain another attacks seems super powerful. To me, it seems you could (in theory) win the game in a few turns with lucky die rolls (or actually in one if really lucky).

Also, the smasher seems way too powerful as well at 4 hps.

What is the best way to defeat this deck? Which faction?

Thoughts?
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The orcs rely on a lot of luck, but they're easy to play by beginners, which is why they initially do well.

Plenty of factions do well against them, Phoenix Elves can be quite effective.

I particularly like using Jungle Elves, their Gorillas instantly kill Smashers with one attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ajevans wrote:
The orcs rely on a lot of luck, but they're easy to play by beginners, which is why they initially do well.

Plenty of factions do well against them, Phoenix Elves can be quite effective.

I particularly like using Jungle Elves, their Gorillas instantly kill Smashers with one attack.

I have some success with JE but am curious what you suggest to use with the PE? What should I put in the deck vs take out?

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the PE have a good magic flow and can deal with Freeze no problem. Also Warriors's Blaze step is good for fending off the bruisers. Just build a lot of magic with your commons, play Burn and Greater Burn on his champs (and Spirit of the Phoenix, though it can also be built), play Magic Drain and you have tasty Orc BBQ.
Of course, you probably like killing puppies if you do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PePe QuiCoSE wrote:
Also Warriors's Blaze step is good for fending off the bruisers.

I agree with this especially. Warriors are already an amazing unit, but they are even better against Tundra Orcs. Blaze-Step forces the orc player to overextend, and the 2 attack values combine nicely to take down a smasher instantly with 2 cheap units. Archers are also handy for chipping away at walls, and the extra range also forces TO to overextend. So these would be the commons I would recommend most against TO, but I would probably do the same for other match-ups too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread's a little old, but I just wanted to chime in on Warriors a moment. I undervalued them when I first started playing the game, but then I played a Vassal game against someone who used them VERY effectively and caused me all kinds of problems. I gained a new appreciation and try to use them more now, and they're especially tricky and annoying for a TO player to deal with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
We have a small group of friends, have had BS runs using Orc Fighter as well.

Overall we have house ruled to limit to it to 2 additional times. Maxing his potential luck factor to 3 AV which is still amazingly cost efficient.

As well as we have completely banned Thwarter, after we discussed it. Thrwarter goes completely against Tundra Ork theme of having huge damage and huge swing on the offense.

These changes were enough to make TO slightly enjoyable to play and play against.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.