Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Gunship: First Strike! A hit on Kickstarter and soon available as a PreOrder!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a graphic of a futuristic Infantryman or Tank / Walker to be used for 1-color symbols in an upcoming game system.

My artist is on holiday and it's coming down to a time crunch.

Just need something fairly simple. Can't find anything on deviantart or my usual resources so I figured I'd take a shot here.

I can pay cash or arrange some kind of trade, etc. I'm willing to give a designer credit.

Thanks!

Steve
EPG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Mote
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a quick and dirty one I made. You can use it until you get something better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Levi

This is more or less what I'm looking for, albeit a bit more "refined"

Also need an Infantryman in kind of a "port arms" pose

Hey I have been trying to reach you for awhile -heard a rumor that you are in my area now in Virginia? Is that so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Mote
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape Pod Games wrote:
Thanks, Levi
Hey I have been trying to reach you for awhile -heard a rumor that you are in my area now in Virginia? Is that so?

Nope. I live in the pacific northwest - Albany Oregon to be exact.
I'll send you my email address through geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Here is yet another ONE! cool

ALSO: peer plenty 'pensively & perusivetant' within that there GROGnads Gallery for anything M-O-R-E-!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you show us some examples of other unit silhouettes so we can match the style? Is that important to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
How about THEM 'kinds' even? robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Levi's graphic immediately reminds me of a Timberwolf Battlemech from Battletech. Not sure if you'd want (or care about) that kind of association, but the Timberwolf was the mascot for Battletech for a very long time...

If you want silhouette inspiration, I'd suggest looking up some hex-and-counter wargames from the 70s. Something like GravArmor Hammer's Slammers, or Starship troopers? It's amazing how much they could do with so little, and how much you can get out of simple shapes seen at a distance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed G.
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're really in a pinch, use the NATO symbol for infantry, which is essentially an X. Further, this symbol may be easier to produce and differentiate, especially without treatment by an artist.

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Guys

I actually found exactly what I was looking for! I'll post a pic later today! Thanks

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided that the ground forces in the Gunship universe are going to be hovertank-based with lightly-armored infantry. Although I will probably use heavier armor for the Marines. Don't worry, mech fans - I'm sure that my forces will use all kinds of walkers, etc. as well. But for now, I just needed generic symbols to show where the land groups are. We'll get into a bit more detail once we release the Ground War expansion next year.

Here is the final Fleet Sheet with the new symbols:

Here is a picture of one of the System Maps from the free campaign system, although I will be making some changes to it soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Escape Pod Games wrote:
Hi, Guys

I actually found exactly what I was looking for! I'll post a pic later today! Thanks

Steve

I'm glad I never posted the one I did a few days ago. Not only was it actually in a port arms pose as requested but it had way more detail than I now see was required. I was waiting for a response to the "can you give us examples so we can match style" request which was not forthcoming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
When will the die stop rolling? What face finishes showing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's be completely reasonable here, walkers simple don't work.

Too high. Too much weight to ground contact area.

A well designed tank will always be better.

i.e. low to the ground & tracked/anti-grav.

- Pauli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmb
paulidale wrote:
Let's be completely reasonable here, walkers simple don't work. Too high. Too much weight to ground contact area. A well designed tank will always be better. i.e. low to the ground & tracked/anti-grav.

A claim that walkers simply don't work is a truism given humanity's current level of development in tech areas that would be needed to make them work; it is no guarantee that they mightn't work in future. The "always be better" claim is negated by the invoking of undeveloped future tech, in this case antigrav, which no one knows about since it is, by definition, undeveloped. The weight to ground contact area--which is called pressure--argument is defeated by the antigravity conjecture since that wouldn't involve any ground contact. As for being low to the ground, if it's antigrav chances are it could be designed to go into a prone or supine position and still be motive. Even without antigrav it should be possible to put wheels or tracks on other surfaces of a walker and have it change orientation, especially if it has arms as well as legs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.