Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using Vassal mod.

Lost my first game...but wow I'm liking this a lot.
Obviously the concept of the movie is amazing in itself, it just leaps into another level like the Matrix did...that would be a cool game solo...anyways, as I repeat below the Levels mechanic in this game works so well, everything just feels right...winning? I think FUN in getting to play this subject matter is enough!

1) At start of game u have 5 cards in hand right? 3 from setup & 2 from the first part of the Turn Step yes?

2) I've been putting weapons etc under character cards in the Level 4, that's where I'm at right now...or do u put these cards using 'Attachment/Convince window instead or is this window only when they fail & end up in Limbo?

3) I drew 'A Kiss' Do u execute all in the 'card's effect' area or just the top one?

As it was I did both. I turned Saito to weak & Cobb to Strong.

4) When Cobb is 'Strong' he gets to draw 2 cards but there is also the Turn character to next lower health state. So Cobb's reaction gets him dropped to 'Healthy'?

This game has a great feel to it. Love the levels as the mechanic in the game, the film itself took me a couple or more plays to figure out what the hell was going on...yeah...expect more nooby questions...whistleblush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mike.

I´m glad you like the game!

Dirty Harry wrote:
Lost my first game..winning? I think FUN in getting to play this subject matter is enough!

Yeah, just give it some more tries. Usually you don´t win the first 2 or 3 games. But it´s balanced. I (and some of my hardcore playtesters) win about 40% on hard level without using any secret tricks...
just keep going :-)

Dirty Harry wrote:
1) At start of game u have 5 cards in hand right? 3 from setup & 2 from the first part of the Turn Step yes?

Right.

Dirty Harry wrote:
2) I've been putting weapons etc under character cards in the Level 4, that's where I'm at right now...or do u put these cards using 'Attachment/Convince window instead or is this window only when they fail & end up in Limbo?

The "Attachment/Convince" window was an idea by the Vassal designer.
I never used it! I think it´s a bit confusing. I attach wepons directly to the character cards in the level windows and use the C-display that´s shown in the main window.
When a character is placed in limbo I place him in the level 0 window.

Dirty Harry wrote:
3) I drew 'A Kiss' Do u execute all in the 'card's effect' area or just the top one?

Yes, that´s right. One character gets stronger while another gets weaker.
The card sais "(-) any chracter to (+) any other character." Should I think of a re-wording?

Dirty Harry wrote:
4) When Cobb is 'Strong' he gets to draw 2 cards but there is also the Turn character to next lower health state. So Cobb's reaction gets him dropped to 'Healthy'?

Yes. The use of each character´s abilities is explained in the addendum of rulebook. Ariadne is turned twice (2 symbols: from strong to weak) to get the +2 Convince.
Remember you can do this anytime during calculation, so take Cobbs full strength of 5 before you turn his card. Same with Ariadne. She provides her full C-value and in addition you may turn her to weak to get another 2.

Dirty Harry wrote:
...expect more nooby questions...whistleblush

No problem. Keep going. Feedback really helps me to find out if the rules are written well or if anything has to be re-worded or made clearer.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
Hi Mike.

I´m glad you like the game!

Dirty Harry wrote:
Lost my first game..winning? I think FUN in getting to play this subject matter is enough!

Yeah, just give it some more tries. Usually you don´t win the first 2 or 3 games. But it´s balanced. I (and some of my hardcore playtesters) win about 40% on hard level without using any secret tricks...
just keep going :-)

Dirty Harry wrote:

Right.

Dirty Harry wrote:

The "Attachment/Convince" window was an idea by the Vassal designer.
I never used it! I think it´s a bit confusing. I attach wepons directly to the character cards in the level windows and use the C-display that´s shown in the main window.
When a character is placed in limbo I place him in the level 0 window.

Dirty Harry wrote:

Yes, that´s right. One character gets stronger while another gets weaker.
The card sais "(-) any chracter to (+) any other character." Should I think of a re-wording?

Dirty Harry wrote:

Yes. The use of each character´s abilities is explained in the addendum of rulebook. Ariadne is turned twice (2 symbols: from strong to weak) to get the +2 Convince.
Remember you can do this anytime during calculation, so take Cobbs full strength of 5 before you turn his card. Same with Ariadne. She provides her full C-value and in addition you may turn her to weak to get another 2.

Dirty Harry wrote:
...expect more nooby questions...whistleblush

No problem. Keep going. Feedback really helps me to find out if the rules are written well or if anything has to be re-worded or made clearer.

Have fun!

Hey many thanks for reply! Yeah getting into this one big time.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.