Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francis Delaney
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hey,

Just FYI, I ordered "Cities" From CoolStuffInc and received, taped to the outside of the box (in a little baggie), the "Louis" promo card! Hilariously I'd also just received my copy of Spielbox with this same card. I don't know if this was limited or what, but if you order Cities from CoolStuffInc you might get a free promo.

--
Francis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DataFran wrote:
Hey,

Just FYI, I ordered "Cities" From CoolStuffInc and received, taped to the outside of the box (in a little baggie), the "Louie" promo card! Hilariously I'd also just received my copy of Spielbox with this same card. I don't know if this was limited or what, but if you order Cities from CoolStuffInc you might get a free promo.

--
Francis

I'll buy the 2nd one from you for a reasonable price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if other online retailers besides CoolStuff are including Louis? (i.e. Boards and Bits) Maybe CoolStuff has it because they are also Brick & Mortar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I had the same thing happen. It was completely unexpected. CSI is just fantastic (as are the guys at Boards and Bits--I don't know if they're giving out this promo, but in the past they have also added a promo for a game I bought from them, also as a complete surprise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Harper
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just opened my box from Boards and Bits and the Louis card was included within the shrink wrap! An unexpected bonus but I was holding my breath after reading this thread earlier. Louis plus Dark Ages in the box made for a great day.

Edit: Just opened the game and there was a small cut in the wrap made so they could insert the card. My lucky day. Now if I could just get a hold of Stevie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Delaney
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Stevie is easy enough to get, just order the issue of Spielbox from their website (oddly it is cheaper to have it shipped from Germany than it is to buy from a US store)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DataFran wrote:
Stevie is easy enough to get, just order the issue of Spielbox from their website (oddly it is cheaper to have it shipped from Germany than it is to buy from a US store)

Easy, but not inexpensive. Even more so if you're uninterested in the magazine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Delaney
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
That's true. I placed a biggish order from them to get other promos, so it made sense to tack that one on while I was at it. I'd never read the magazine either, so it was new and exciting to me.

Best of luck, I'm sure it'll appear in the BGG store eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DataFran wrote:
That's true. I placed a biggish order from them to get other promos, so it made sense to tack that one on while I was at it. I'd never read the magazine either, so it was new and exciting to me.

Best of luck, I'm sure it'll appear in the BGG store eventually.

Appreciated, but unnecessary. I'm monitoring this item in case someone wants to part with one for a reasonable price, but I'm not a completist. It's still just one card. It's not like 7 Wonders is going to feel wrong without Louis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little more than a month later, and I can confirm that Cool Stuff is still including the Louis card! Just got mine yesterday with Cities. Very unexpected!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
McDanger wrote:
A little more than a month later, and I can confirm that Cool Stuff is still including the Louis card! Just got mine yesterday with Cities. Very unexpected!

I hope they still have them. I just realized I never got around to preordering Cities, so I just ordered a copy from CSI now and getting Louis would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hskrfn822 wrote:
McDanger wrote:

I hope they still have them. I just realized I never got around to preordering Cities, so I just ordered a copy from CSI now and getting Louis would be nice.

Just got *MY* copy of CITIES from Miniature Market, and the Louis card was taped to the outside of the box as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Two months later, and CoolStuffInc is still including Louis Armstrong with Cities! Just got it in the mail today for my brother's Christmas present. I think I might have to buy a Christmas card, stick Louis inside and have my brother open that before the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I also received this card in my CSI shipment today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here I am at the end of January and I just got both Stevie and Louie from CSI after buying both Leaders and Cities expansion. Unfortunately for me the copies I purchased off of Ebay will show up later this week... Still CSI is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
CSI is awesome. I just got Stevie with my copy of Leaders, and that surprise alone is enough to make me go back to CSI when it is time for Cities and more Wonders, even if I don't end up with a promo, it's still worth the chance. And worth repeat business. Next time I want $100 worth of stuff...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread emboldened me to try ordering Cities and Leaders from CSI (order placed Feb. 11). And I did indeed get both Louis and Stevie! Thanks! Now I love coolstuffinc even more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D W
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped by CSI on my way through Orlando last weekend (3/24/13 to be precise) and got Stevie with my Leaders purchase. I guess I missed the window for Louis, but it's still really cool that they throw in promos like that! Cool Stuff Inc is doing it right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.