Hide
4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: How to draw more cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Ramirez
msg tools
Which is a good way to draw more card without relying to much on Bilbo or Beravor because if i use this two heros i cant put other heros i want and if i dont use them i cant seem to find a way to draw the cards i need when i need them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on which expansions you have, there are a number of cards in each sphere that let you draw more cards. Some are one-for-one (search the deck for a specific type of card), some are 5 for 1 (search top 5 for one card, put back in any order). There are some allies too that allow you to draw cards.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
Leadership:
Valiant Sacrifice
Erestor
We Are Not Idle
Taking Initiative
Campfire Tales

Spirit:
Ancient Mathom
Renewed Friendship (very conditional)
Imladris Stargazer (doesn't actually draw more cards, but allows you to stack your deck)

Lore:
Ori (if you're using Dwarves)
Legacy of Durin (also for a Dwarf deck)
Lorien's Wealth
Daeron's Runes
Gleowine
Peace, and Thought
Word of Command
Master of the Forge (effectively card draw)
Gildor Inglorion (similar to the Stargazer, but you can actually draw a card)

Tactics:
Foe-hammer
The Eagles are Coming! (in an Eagle deck)

Neutral:
Gandalf (Core Set)

There are probably some other options I'm forgetting, but those are most of the popular card draw choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite draw combo right now is Master of the Forge / Stargazer. Because Master lets you reshuffle you can put the best card on top each turn, then draw an attachment (which, obviously, you don't put on top) and reshuffle so you get to see five fresh cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.