Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Hello everybody!

Over the past month we've noticed a 3% uptick in users, and while that doesn't sound like much it equates to 60,000 new people stopping by.

We're glad you are here! Please introduce yourselves and tell us how you got here.

• [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, I thought my puppet accounts would fly under the radar.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not really a new user... I've been lurking BGG for about 3 years (when I discovered "good" games) and created an account recently to conduct some trading. I worked almost 3 years at Game Cafe in Independence MO, and am pursuing a marketing and technical writing degreee to increase my employability in the game industry. I have two awesome kids who game with me and my favorites are Carcassonne, Agricola, Panic Station, Space Alert, etc. My other hobby is roller derby. I am currently trying to organize a board game group that will be meeting at the Plaza Library Branch in Kansas City, MO.
  • [+] Dice rolls
K N
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone! I'm from Long Island, NY

I found this site after looking for games for my friends to play. Since I've been here I added 7wonders and Blockus to my small collection of games. Hopefully it'll keep growing .

Edit: My new user tag seems to have disappeared. I joined this site about 3 months ago.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ah, negative. I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome KN (Rotation). :-)
I'm living out here in the Northwest, but I spent a good portion of my childhood on Long Island (East Northport).

Have fun, and try not to be too intimidated by the interface of the site or the users.
Cheers.

Rotation wrote:
I found this site after looking for games for my friends to play. Since I've been here I added 7wonders and Blockus to my small collection of games. Hopefully it'll keep growing .
Edit: My new user tag seems to have disappeared. I joined this site about 3 months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
The Baby boomer kids peak is now age 21. Given studies show the majority of BGGer's are 30-39 ... participation in boardgames shouldn't peak for approximately 10 more years.

Just saying ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch that 3% uptick become a massive DoS attack :O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Welcome to Boardgamegeek!!!

So you've learned about BGG? Fantastic. Here are some things you'll want to know right off the bat.

1 - Boardgamegeek can be reached by going to a variety of URLs like:

* geekdo.com
* bgg.cc
* boardgamegeek.com

2 - Boardgamegeek is a community of passionate boardgamers from around the world. This can mean, at times, there are disagreements. Remember... just because someone is "wrong on the internet" doesn't mean you must let them know! Likewise, if someone lets you know you're wrong...

Don't sweat it. I've been wrong my whole life and I still love this place!

If you notice someone being abusive or personally attacking, however, there are forum moderators that review complaints. Take the time to help self-police this great place.

3 - Game-On! The more you game and the more you experience the more you'll get out of Boardgamegeek. Aldie and his team do a fantastic job facilitating a lot of fantastic events, features, and community here. It can take YEARS to get fully acquainted with all the features and there are some places and events you may never participate in here. Just remember, that above all else...we game.

4 - Ever want to know how to do something on this site? Visit: http://bgg.cc/forum/72/boardgamegeek/howto-bgg I have done web development for over a decade now and figured I knew everything there was to know about how to use websites...well guess what? There are lots of cool little features on BGG you won't learn about unless you check out a How-To!

5 - Participate. Boardgamegeek is driven by its users. The more you participate, the closer to the community and content you'll feel. You get to interact with passionate gamers, casual gamers, game designers, publishers and a smattering of game shop owners. The variety on this community is largely unrivaled.

My final word of advice. There are plenty of hot-topics here like Ameritrash vs. Euro vs. Wargame. Try them all. Be open minded and no matter what ... have fun! You won't find a better home on the internet for all your boardgame geekiness than at Boardgamegeek.com!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
do the new users see the "sad meeple is sad because you're using ad-block" that started showing up today (at least for me)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Loblaw
msg tools
Hey Bob here I just happened across the forum and I think this site is great. What a resource, keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boardgamemuse
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb

Love the hobby and the folks here are really nice too - mostly lol.
The constant learning and creating memories with friends is the HOOK for me!

And oh yeah - I run the Muse site laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Bob_Loblaw wrote:
Hey Bob here I just happened across the forum and I think this site is great. What a resource, keep up the good work!
"Better call SAUL!..." robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've registered two months ago, because I've decided to stop lurking here. And because now I can download files like rules for games I'm interested about.

Anways, I am Vladimir and I come from The Middle of Nowhere (because Slovakia is really just a hole). I work as QA in one German company, we are one of its several branches.

I like board games, though not as much as my friend does (he has recommended me this site), but he is pretty much inactive here.

Oh, I would tell you more, but my lawyer told me that it's not a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A hearty "welcome" and a back slap for all the new users. Take your time to explore the site. There's lot to do and see here, and we'll be happy to help you out if you have any questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been registered and using BGG for over five years, but only this last month started involving myself in the community: posting in forums and GeekLists, uploading images and files, GeekModding, and designing Microbadges.

What, you may ask, spurred this desire to suddenly get so involved? First baby was born and now I've no time to actually play any games! GeekModding really helps pass the late night soothing sessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Kinney

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

My name is Brent and I'm a financial advisor in Indiana. When I'm not working I love to golf and play games. I have been familiar with boardgamegeek for a couple of years now, but I finally took the plunge and signed up. I am still getting used to all there is to do and see on the site, but it seems like a great (and respectful) community. I recently attended Gen Con for the first time, and it was really the biggest reason that made me finally sign up on the site. I documented my Gen Con experience in this geeklist:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/146171/gen-con-2012-a-firs...

Thanks for welcoming me in.

• [+] Dice rolls
Sim Guy
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome n00bs. Dig in to the site, there's a ton of great stuff here.

What does 3% equate to exactly??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Got two game tables and a microphone
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rotation wrote:

Hello. Don't let Shel scare ya...I live on the South Shore and I've been active on the site for almost 10 years. If you are looking for a game group, there are a couple on the Island, just depends what kinds of games you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for having me!

I've been lurking for years but I just recently decided to start adding to the site instead of just reading what others have written.

My favorite games are conflict games, especially Axis and Allies and it's spawn, expansions, et cetera, ad nausium...

I live in Maryland, but I grew up in Arkansas, New Hampshire and a couple other states along the way. I was in the Army, now I am a corporate rat.

Again, thanks for having me

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Rivet
United States
Pine City
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well "la de" freck'n Da!
badge
The "Dennis System".
mbmbmbmbmb

60,000 new users!. That is sick!gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Press PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb

I love the avatar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
loon wrote:
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb

I love the avatar!
While they'd EVEN the GALL "2" CALL 'moi' as "SUCH", so, we're at least similar-sum then! along with 'moi' "B" the: "Babylon 5 Cowboy"! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello new blood! I was one of you almost two years ago and I still don't know where to find everything on BGG! Good luck!

Seriously though, it's pretty easy once you get going. Don't be afraid to ask for advice. Lots of friendly faces round these parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Press PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
loon wrote:
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb

I love the avatar!
While they'd EVEN the GALL "2" CALL 'moi' as "SUCH", so, we're at least similar-sum then! along with 'moi' "B" the: "Babylon 5 Cowboy"! whistle

THAT is an asterisk if I ever saw one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
Windham
Connecticut
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome new peoples! Hope you enjoy your stay and even more hopefully decide to improve the site for everyone else! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.