Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Taylor
United States
Aurora
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else having a Java problem with BGG? I am having difficulty with the javascript links (non of them are working). Can't send a geek mail, can't change between recent, active, and hot threads, nothing.

If this ends up being posted, it means that the submit button for posts worked, but I couldn't send a geek mail this way.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Running any plugins on your browser?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like Javascript is disabled. It would be much easier to diagnose if you had a developer's plugin for your browser (eg FireBug for FireFox).

FYI: Java is not Javascript.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about any of that, but the search function seems to be down for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Aurora
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems kind of hit or miss. Running Firefox, but I'm not savvy enough to know all the details of the plug-ins, etc.

Things that didn't work yesterday are working now and so forth.

Kind of odd.

Thanks,

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Working/not working sounds like server problems we had with eBay searches not working.

The gist is that you get flipped to different servers. So far as I know there is no way to tell which server you're on. I also don't know exactly how or why you get flipped.

BGG just added some new servers and cloning process has not been perfected. (In between clones BGG gets more complicated which complicates the mmatter of course!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.