juan c marquez
Mexico
ZAPOPAN
JALISCO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Im thinking on buying one of this two games. (I also plan to buy the 2p agricola game). Im more inclined to buy agricola as it seems more thematic and that will make it easier to play with my wife. But I will like some recommendations on which game to buy to play mostly as a 2p game. So basically which is more wife friendly (she enjoys the usual gateway games as TTR, Battle line, small world, and has enjoyed a little heavier games as Fresco and Dungeon Petz which are a bit heavier but integrate the theme with mechanics so it is easier to explain and understand).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola is probably at its heaviest as a two-player game.

But it's also a good solo game, and scales well to five players. Not many pure two-player games can boast that. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis O'Connor
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think At the Gates of Loyang is the best Uwe 2 player game, it doesn't scale well but it plays best at 2 and better than both Agricola and Le Havre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Passmore
United Kingdom
Filey
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TravmacDaddy wrote:
I think At the Gates of Loyang is the best Uwe 2 player game, it doesn't scale well but it plays best at 2 and better than both Agricola and Le Havre.

I'd agree with this. Agricola was the first "heavy" game my wife and I played, we racked up well over 150 plays, all 2 player, and we loved it. We subsequently got Loyang and haven't really played Agricola since. It's not that we don't enjoy Agricola now but Loyang is more enjoyable for us and 2 players seems to be the sweet spot.

We also tried Le Havre and Ora et Labora but traded both away after just a few games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Le Havre is a fantastic game, but 3 players is probably the sweet spot (although still plays great with 2 or 4)
If you're after something from another designer, check out The Castles of Burgundy. Plays really well with 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to At the Gates of Loyang

It's so addictive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juan c marquez
Mexico
ZAPOPAN
JALISCO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Right now Im more inclined for Agricola. At the Gates of Loyang seems great but it has langauge dependancy. At least Agricola I can get the spanish version and Gates of Loyang doesnt have spanish version, so it would be harder to introduce to wife.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.