Popular Tags: [View All]
Zack S.
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
Play as an event to start a rebellion in France as if 5 CP were spent. In addition, displace any non-Protestant units from Bayonne, and place that space under Protestant control adding 1 Huguenot regular there. OR Play as a response to cancel play of the Gouvernante of France home card. Remove from deck after play as either variant.

1. Can the first option be played by a non-Protestant player to start a Protestant rebellion in France?

2. If it can, who chooses the location for the rebellion, the player of the card or the Protestant player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
1. Yes.

2. You do (though you have the option to let the Protestant "coach" you).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack S.
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does that decision-making role also carry through to choosing which adjacent religiously-Protestant spaces to make politically-Protestant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume it would be the player playing the card. Why would the Prots suddenly get to take over later in the procedure?

I was wrong see the next post!

Edit: Changed much later, but I just wanted to not confuse anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack S.
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just making sure. I assume the last steps (about capitals and leaders) are Protestant controlled because it explicitly says "the Protestant", but I could see there being a difference between choosing the target and value of the rebellion and other choices along the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Institute THIS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point about the rebellion procedure saying "the Protestant" does this or that. Seems like it's clarifying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checking- Bayonne goes to "Protestant control", which means political control only, not political and religous??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
Just checking- Bayonne goes to "Protestant control", which means political control only, not political and religous??

I believe it is only Protestant political control. If it was religious and political, it would list both (see Sea Beggars).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SW_Cygnus wrote:
Philip Thomas wrote:

I believe it is only Protestant political control. If it was religious and political, it would list both (see Sea Beggars).

Thanks, I guess making it Protestant religous influence would be a little too good, only a major conversion could flip it back...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Miller
msg tools
If the Prots and France are allied, can this card be played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
No, at least not for the "start a rebellion" effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.