Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you play a knowledge card to help someone else??
Like play the knowledge card that gives a player a one cube discount on someone else to give them the discount instead of yourself.
I hope this is not confusing and you can understand the question.
Thanks for any answers people can provide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
You cannot play Knowledge cards for another person. So the card Lost Schema, which reduces the cost to build a component by one resource, cannot be played to let someone else pay one less resource when building a components.

That said, some knowledge cards benefit everyone, like Ancient Atlas (reduce all target numbers in one section by 1); anyone placing in the chosen section would benefit from the reduction of the target numbers.

Also, there are knowledge cards and a component that let you trade knowledge cards to another player (who can then play them).

Hope that helps!

Galen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the quick reply and from the designer no less!!!
That is so great!!
This question came up and my answer was that you could not but the rest of the group was wondering about it and because it is a co-op game they thought you should be able to.Very nice to have an official answer.
We have played the game twice now (on the easiest level) and are really enjoying the game.
I am actually bringing it to a gaming group that meets once a month at a church and I plan on teaching it today to a group of them.
Thanks for a great game and looking forward to playing it many more times!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
diablo663 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the quick reply and from the designer no less!!!
That is so great!!
This question came up and my answer was that you could not but the rest of the group was wondering about it and because it is a co-op game they thought you should be able to.Very nice to have an official answer.
We have played the game twice now (on the easiest level) and are really enjoying the game.
I am actually bringing it to a gaming group that meets once a month at a church and I plan on teaching it today to a group of them.
Thanks for a great game and looking forward to playing it many more times!!

You're very welcome and thanks for the praise, Robert! Hope your gaming group enjoys the game as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gciscell wrote:
You cannot play Knowledge cards for another person. So the card Lost Schema, which reduces the cost to build a component by one resource, cannot be played to let someone else pay one less resource when building a components.

That said, some knowledge cards benefit everyone, like Ancient Atlas (reduce all target numbers in one section by 1); anyone placing in the chosen section would benefit from the reduction of the target numbers.

Also, there are knowledge cards and a component that let you trade knowledge cards to another player (who can then play them).

Hope that helps!

Galen

Bleh, wish I had caught this before our first game tonight. Sharing Knowledge cards really did dampen the difficulty of the game and contributed to our (now tainted) win whistle We had one player focusing almost solely on Knowledge cards for the rest of the table. A fun game nonetheless, but I expect it will be much more challenging next time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.