Subject: Rally Cross! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Bane
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
Having been playing a ton of Sega Rally Revo, I have been considering the popularity of the Rally Cross version of the sport here in the states. Now, I prefer the conventional sport myself, but I can see the appeal to the other. Especially the 'Entry Level' stuff.

Heck, I am discussing the possibility, with my wife, of getting into it myself! At the very least I want to go to the five day, Team O'Neil Rally School in NH!

Anyway, I digress. I was wondering if anyone had considered a Rallyman Rally-Cross variant?

At initial blush, I think it would be fairly straight forward.

d10-1 Four cars would start on two spaces, two by two.
d10-2 The vehicle in the inside lane, based on the first corner, would have poll position and start first. (Perhaps a single qualifying lap using RAW to determine grid?)
d10-3 Each gear die would represent percentage of throttle. Meaning, if you end your turn in "4th gear", you have to roll 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at a minimum your next turn to slow safely. Slowing faster might be an option, say 1st and 2nd, IF an automatic /!\ is taken for the 3rd gear. (This might unhinge the RAW though, so I would have to test it)
d10-4 Chrono cards would be used for remembering what gear was last used, BUT the time would be ignored.
d10-5 Benefit of Time-Attack? Time-Attacking would allow a trailing vehicle to "pass through" a vehicle in front of it so long as it did not end its turn in the same space! Underlying speeds of the "passed through" vehicle would be in play for the passing vehicle. Without Time-Attacking, a vehicle has to work its way around the slower vehicle.
d10-6 Losing control into an adjacent vehicle pushes both vehicles in the direction of the arrow half a lane width. Both would take 1 pip of 'collision' damage, while the vehicle pushed off the course would also receive terrain damage per RAW!

But yea, that would be it in a nutshell. Maybe I will experiment with it once I have this months rally completed. But, I would love to hear any thoughts from more experienced players!

Best,
The Bane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.