Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-games-carcassonne-board...

The image shows several river tiles and the "includes river expansion" stamp. The Overview mentions river tiles. But I know the river expansion has not been included with the most recent releases of the base game. If I ordered from them, what do you think my chances would be of getting the river tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
idk, but the upcoming Z-man reprint is supposed to have the river
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know about the z-man reprint. Will it be compatible with the old expansions? I got Traders and Builders at the B&N clearance for $2, but I don't own the base set yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i think they are just importing HiG boxes and stamping them like RGG did when they had the license, so my guess is that it should be ok
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mb
Unless I've seriously misunderstood, Z-Man Games don't actually have the licence yet -- RGG still have it till the end of the year. Therefore any copies B&N have now must be RGG (or imported).

The box shown in the picture is indeed the RGG version which includes the River, but I suspect this is just an old picture that they've mistakenly used, not realising that it's not the same as the current version. It's possible they have some old stock, but I'd be very surprised if you bought it from them and it came with the River.

Also, while RGG do use HiG components, they don't just "stamp the boxes" -- the boxes and the rules sheets are clearly made specifically for them, and some of the expansions were released in different combinations by them than the original versions. For example, before they lost the licence they were pkanning to release a combined Plague, Tunnels & Crop Circles expansion -- HiG only publish these as three separate expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pinter
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally would just buy it if that is what you want.

If it doesn't come with the river I would expect a 100% refund (including shipping costs) due to them not shipping the item they claim to have sold you. At worst your CC will back you up, but it would be a minor hassle. Since none of the online reviews make any mention of missing the river tiles I expect they are selling old stock.

You could always contact customer service to double check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.