Tom Wandolowski
United States
Fox Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Revolver, on a roll of 1 the revolver is out of ammo. If I have a card that gives a +1 on any rolls to hit with a Ranged Attack, does that mean I will NEVER run out of ammo if I roll a 1. OR if I roll a natural "1" I am out of ammo? With the +1 being a "2" I am not sure how to play this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which card are you referring to giving the +1 to hit?

The way you've worded it, I'd say the +1 does not apply to the check to see if it's out of ammo. If you get a natural 1, it's out. However, depending on the wording of the actual card in question, I reserve the right to change my answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the cards in question to hand, so I maybe wrong, but pretty sure the ammo roll is a seperate roll to the to-hit roll. So you would roll to-hit (with the +1) , then you would make another unmodified roll to see if you run out of ammo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the revolver, the hit and ammo check are all in the one roll. The shotgun requires a separate check for ammo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wandolowski
United States
Fox Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the card in front of me now, but it is "Laying Down The Law" where if it is played on a law enforcement character it remains in play. It gives +1 to ranged attack rolls. It says nothing about rolling separate to check for ammo like some other weapons so I assume when you roll to see if you hit, that result is what is used to see if you are out of ammo. But with the +1 from " Laying Down The Law" when you roll a 1 and add the +1 the result is a 2. So would I have infinite ammo or if I roll a natural 1 on my die am I out of ammo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That card does give you infinite ammo if played on a hero that allows it to remain in play, I believe. Of course the zombies can still kill the hero, knock away the gun, or force a discard of either the Law card or the Gun card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the cards in question ("Revolver" and "Laying down the Law"), yea, it looks like Laying down the law's +1 can be applied to save the Revolver from being discarded on the roll of 1. I changed my answer because:

a) the 'to hit' roll of the revolver is the same roll used to determine if it's out of ammo. Ie: It's not a seperate roll.

b) Laying down the Law's roll says it's +1 on 'to hit' rolls, which is what the single roll for the revolver is for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wandolowski
United States
Fox Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:
After reading the cards in question ("Revolver" and "Laying down the Law"), yea, it looks like Laying down the law's +1 can be applied to save the Revolver from being discarded on the roll of 1. I changed my answer because:

a) the to hit roll of the relover is the same roll used to determine if it's out of ammo. Ie: It's not a seperate roll.

b) Laying down the roll says it's +1 on to hit rolls, which is what the single roll for the revolver is for.

That was the way I was thinking also, just wanted to be sure. Looks like we might have a horror them for October's gaming night so I want to get this to the table for some ZOMBIE action!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Else
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
GamerAtom (above) is most certainly correct.
The issue can be answered in the Growing Hunger FAQ (page 10, apparently).
Repeated here http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3400602#3400602
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.