Hide
5 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: sea dogs question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob rico
msg tools
Ok the Sea dogs action states "name a faction. Move all other players ' minions of that faction from one base to another". So if I'm playing a 3 player game and my opponent has a dinosaur on 3 bases and I play Sea dogs and name the dinosaurs faction, do I move all his dinosaurs to different bases? How does this work.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leath
United States
OH
flag msg tools
badge
fyeahgamesandgrub.tumblr.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing it as if you just moved all the minions of the named faction on one base to another base.

So, for example, move all dinosaurs on Tortuga to Rhodes Plaza Mall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "from one base" for me indicates that you have to choose a base and only move minions from there.

Otherwise it should be worded "Move all other players' minions from any base ..." or just be left out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Westlake Village
California
flag msg tools
The text on Sea Dogs is vague, there are two possible ways to take it literally, so from the text alone, there is no way to objectively determine what the intent was. A comma would make it clear, for example:

(removed some text to focus on the parts that make it vague)
move all players minions, from one base to another
move all players minions from one base, to another

In the first example, all minions move individually.
In the second example, they move as a group.

So with the comma it is clear. Anyone know of an official response regarding the intent on this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston S
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EvilMushroom wrote:
Anyone know of an official response regarding the intent on this one?

Yep, this was addressed in the FAQ:

"You choose a faction, then choose a base. Move all minions of that faction from that base to any one other base. This may target opposing players’ minions."

http://www.alderac.com/smashup/files/2012/08/SU-FAQ.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.