United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm working on a video for power grid and would love some feedback:

http://legacyoffun.com/gameguides/power_grid

It's not a full rules coverage, but meant to have new players watch before they come over to play so they can hopefully jump in quicker.

Or they can watch it while I get out the game and set it up.

Thanks for your time!

-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitrovich
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some sound and animation timing issues to clean up for the next version, but more interested in feedback on the content itself.

I also need to be sure to mention the FAQ hosted here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
first remark:
I should change the orientation of the map used so that the numbers will be shown 'normally', like the way we read them.

Then: With the arrows pointing to the cost of materials you forget the arrows pointing to the 14 and 16 of uranium.

will have a closer look later..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitrovich
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks JeVo!

On the map orientation, you are referring to the section on city building, correct? Great point, I will re-orient for the next version.

On the resource market, I didn't forget 14 and 16... just figured that one row of arrows would get the point across. I will take a look though and see if it still looks fine with the extra arrows.

Definitely appreciate the feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
according the orientation of the map,
it is all over the video.
the orientation is that the 'North' side of the numbers, look like East for me. (you should turn them 90 degrees counterclockwise).

it is indeed with the building section, but also when you explain step 2 and 3, where you show I can build on spot 15 or 20.

more to follow

JeVo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
according the orientation of the map,
it is all over the video.
the orientation is that the 'North' side of the numbers, look like East for me. (you should turn them 90 degrees counterclockwise).

it is indeed with the building section, but also when you explain step 2 and 3, where you show I can build on spot 15 or 20.

more to follow

JeVo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitrovich
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I've fixed the orientation on all the city images...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Blatnick
United States
Aurora
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nicely done! I think it is a great overview and hits all of the important parts without being overwhelming.

I don't have any specific commentary on the content, because I think you pretty much nailed it. The one possible adjustment you could make for the future is to slow down just a little. From experience working in a global company, listeners with English as a second language might have a hard time keeping up. When I did teaching sessions in a mixed group like that, I heard that quite frequently.

Really good work, Mike! Keep it up. BTW...your website is excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitrovich
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris! I appreciate the feedback!

And you're not the first to suggest slowing down... on this video and others.

I think some of that is a small touch of "performance" nerves that I need to work on.

Thanks again!

-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done. Some feedback: there's quite some information which is mentioned, but *not* included in the slides. For example, when you mention "first city costs 10 electro, 2nd one costs 10+8 electro", I'd like to actually *see* this 10+8 on the slides.

As I'm giving presentations, I can tell that showing the information mentioned on the slides helps your audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.