Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see this answered elsewhere; apologies if it has already been addressed.

If you draw a Danger card and end up drawing an Enemies card, and you Escape from that enemy, I know that you do not get Glory for that fight, but does it still count as a successful Danger? We played yes.

I assume too that the enemy's Glory replaces the Danger's Glory in cases where you have a choice between a test and drawing an Enemy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Roberts
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bottom of Page 14 of the rulebook under Fight, it says "...the danger is overcome if the Hero defeats the Enemy or if the Hero can Escape from the Enemy."

It goes on to answer the second question there too. Yes the glory of the enemy is used, not the original danger.

Have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AH! Muchas gracias! I was mostly relying on quick sheets, and the rulebook has really scattered / disjointed content.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Else
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
A follow-up question that I would tack on to your second question:
When you use the glory amount from an enemy card instead of the danger/cliffhanger card, do you take that glory immediately after winning the fight? Or is that glory added to the pile of glory already gathered from previous dangers passed this turn? In other words, when you win fights against enemy cards during an artifact adventure, do you have to wait to take the glory from those fights - either by camping down or successfully collecting the artifact - or do you immediately take the glory from those fights (similar to the co-op game where you immediately take 1 glory for each hit you do to a Villain during an artifact adventure)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you immediately collect and keep the Glory from Fights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But remember that you take the glory for the enemy card instead of the glory from the Danger/Cliffhanger card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Else
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
soosy wrote:
Yep, you immediately collect and keep the Glory from Fights.

Yeah, that's how we've played it.

Great Dane wrote:
But remember that you take the glory for the enemy card instead of the glory from the Danger/Cliffhanger card.

Right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And regardless of how/when you fight a Villain (competitive, co-op or team mode), you always gain 1 Glory for each Hit (not Wound) you do to a Villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.