Subject: Reaper miniature proxies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wynand Louw
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those who know Descent 1st ed: Would buying the $100 option here be a good idea in order to get proxies?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ramsey
South Korea
Chungju
Chungbuk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have decent etc. But there are several threads talking about this further down you can look at. The basic answer is yes. If you look at the kickstarter there is also an option now to not get the metal Sophie and instead get 25$ of other stuff like the big miniatures. So you could get the 100$ level minus the Sophie then you can get some dragons and giants or something. The paints they have also are a very good price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain BONNEAU
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This kickstarter is huge and I urge anyone in excess of 100$ to pledge them on a Vampire level reward. But the 200+ minis you ultimately get for these hundred bucks are usually unique: you probably won't get enough of each sort to build complete monster groups. On the other hand, monsters aside, there is a lot of beautiful minis that will just perfectly replace the poor lieutenants tokens and that will act as very nice surrogates for the additional heroes from the conversion kit - in fact, I plan to use Bones over Descent originals whenever possible: the Bones minis are so gorgeous…
Every one: pledge!

--
Buggy, counting down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain BONNEAU
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the last stretch-goal is just the perfect set of minis to replace the stupid tokens for your favorite familiars… Pledge!

--
Buggy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wynand Louw
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I did it.

240 minis for $100 + int shipping.

I figured I got about 15 of the 25 monsters in the upgrade kit covered and most of the heroes. And the good part is, the different monsters in the monster groups are actually unique, and not all alike like the Descent figs.

Me very happy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up to 202$, ink. shipping, but with trading the Sophie out.

Still wondering if I should get a few things more, but I'm not sure I will since I have figures enough here, for painting the next 5 years.. 8)

It was an awesome deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe I missed this... saw the thread a day too late. Boo shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wynand Louw
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And they had special stuff for retailers too: Display stands etc...

My biggest frustration now is waiting until March next year for the goodies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone broken down which optional add-ons need to be added, now that the kickstarter is over, to proxy all the Descent Conversion kit figs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Voss
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamemonster wrote:
I can't believe I missed this... saw the thread a day too late. Boo shake

I think that you might still be able to get in on it, albeit at a higher price, once they release their KS pledge manager website. So all is not lost.

Reaper will have a post KS pledge manager website!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain BONNEAU
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can find a friendly backer in your neighborhood and ask him to add 100$ to his pledge once the Pledge Manager comes up (within two weeks). Even better: you could save half the international shipping.

--
Buggy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wynand Louw
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Has anyone broken down which optional add-ons need to be added, now that the kickstarter is over, to proxy all the Descent Conversion kit figs?

I plan on getting two demons, two dragons, three spider centaurs, and the fire giants extra.

If I dump the demon chick I'll have to pay $25 extra, which is cool.

There will be differences in base sizes, that does not bother me because I am sure it will not influence game balance.

JITD
Beastman : There are about 4 ogres in the bones set
Giant: Frost Giant, Optional Fire Giant
Skeleton Archer: Skeleton archers and Pikemen
Razorwing:???
Ogre: Ogres
Hellhound: Only one hellhound, not enough for a group
Sorceror: Many dark elves and sorcerers
Manticore: Harpy and succubus.
Crypt Dragon: Optional dragons.
Naga: Snakes from D&D WOA
Bane Spider: Spider Centaurs
Demon Lord: Optional demons

WOD
Kobold: Wackload of kobolds (9)
Ferrox: ??
Golem: Four Golems

AOD
Blood Apes ???
Dark Priest: Dark elves, Necromancers
Deep Elf : Dark elves
Trolls: Orcs again?
Chaos Beast: Gibbering Mouther from WOA

TOI
Ice Wyrm?? The optional Ice wyrm is too expensive and too big.
Medusa : 2 Medusas and Harpy
Shades: Haunts
Wendigos: ??
Lava Beetle: ??Vermin, and there is a funny alien beetle thingy in the bones set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bvggy wrote:
Or you can find a friendly backer in your neighborhood and ask him to add 100$ to his pledge once the Pledge Manager comes up (within two weeks). Even better: you could save half the international shipping.

--
Buggy

Any idea if the pledge manager will let people who missed the boat get in on the action?

Failing that... anybody in Herts/London area that would like to add to their pledge to get me some plastic goodies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamemonster wrote:

Any idea if the pledge manager will let people who missed the boat get in on the action?

Yes they will:
Quote:
As far as people who didn't back (ie, someone who was not one of the 17,744 backers) they WILL be able to add new accounts at the pledg emanager, but at a higher price than a backer paid - for example, a Vampire to them will be $150, where you got it for $100, and Options will be 20% Higher (Nethyrmaul will be $30, for example).

Still an excellent deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent - thanks for the update!

So... how long will it take to paint several hundred minis...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wynand Louw
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamemonster wrote:

Hehehe, I don't paint. Long live beige plastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamemonster wrote:

I'll tell you in five years!

I only paint casually, around 5-8 hours a week and I'll finish about two figures in that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3-4 hours per figure... yipes...!

Maybe I'll just learn to love grey instead.

I'm intrigued by the "15 minutes per figure, paint and dip" method that I've seen on the forums, though... might give that a whirl but there's no way I could spend hours per figure. Mrs. Monster would kill me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Or just prime them and dry brush them to bring out details. After priming, you need only spend minutes dry brushing to create some nice looking minis. Especially the dragons - prime in black and dry brush in red. I know someone who won a painting competition doing that!

With mini painting, practice not only makes perfect, but practice also speeds up the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamemonster wrote:
3-4 hours per figure... yipes...!

Well, you can spend 5 minutes here, 15 minutes there, an hour on saturdays, etc. etc.. Doesn't have to be one long sitting.

Quote:
I'm intrigued by the "15 minutes per figure, paint and dip" method that I've seen on the forums, though... might give that a whirl but there's no way I could spend hours per figure. Mrs. Monster would kill me!

Personally I like the feeling you get when finishing a figure.. And painting is so relaxing, which is why I do it!

And I love to play board games with cool painted figures..
iguano wrote:
Or just prime them and dry brush them to bring out details. After priming, you need only spend minutes dry brushing to create some nice looking minis. Especially the dragons - prime in black and dry brush in red. I know someone who won a painting competition doing that!

Definitely. For any miniatures that have large surfaces of the same thing, I also do this. Works wonders for furry creatures like wolfes, or big ones like dragons. When I get home from Norway in a few weeks, I'll post my blue Descent dragon. Took my 4 hours to paint, and came out really well IMO. Blue base --> Loads of black wash --> Blue dry brushing --> Light blue drybrushing --> White drybrushing --> Paint nails, claws, eyes, teeth --> Done! And since it is so large, and in two components in this case, I didn't have to wait for paint to dry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Risto R
Finland
Hämeenlinna
Häme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own D2.0, conversion kit or D1.0, but still dived into that Bones deal for double vampire + extras.. Just too good to pass and now I have time till March to get myself the game

I really wouldn't mind if the minies ain't in exact same scale, but I'm certain with some paint and imagination they will do the job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you can sign up for the after-campaign kickstarter pledge manager:

https://www.reapermini.com/ks/

You will get the following e-mail:

Quote:
You asked to be signed up for our after-campaign Bones Pledge Manager. We added your email to our list, and we'll be sending out a message with your login link when we're ready to launch.

If you have any questions, you can respond to this email. A human answers these.

Thanks!

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.