Subject: How much is 3 divided by 2 ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Mercier
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you use the formulas of other players in order to create your own, they are supposed to score half your points.

How about the 3 pts formulas ? Round up or down ?

Could not see anything in the rules about this tremendously important fact
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 point formulas are created from simple ingredients, you cannot use other people's formulas for this purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Mercier
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
спасибо Евгений !
It was indeed a dumb question !
Now if a moderator could be kind enough to delete this unnecessary thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
cube wrote:
Now if a moderator could be kind enough to delete this unnecessary thread...

Look in the lower right corner of your own posts. You will see an option to delete. However, you can only delete your own posts and will need the other respondents to delete theirs to completely remove this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
26 october
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cube wrote:
When you use the formulas of other players in order to create your own, they are supposed to score half your points.

That's exactly what I would like to know. I don't understand why you think it's a wrong question. You may use elements from the table, while formulas are taken from those already made, either yours or those of other players, correct? If I use a three-point elixir from you, I have to give you half of these. Round up or down?!

Also, I assumed, since it said nothing about this, that when you take your own formulas for new ones, you don't get any points for using them, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
26october wrote:
cube wrote:

That's exactly what I would like to know. I don't understand why you think it's a wrong question. You may use elements from the table, while formulas are taken from those already made, either yours or those of other players, correct? If I use a three-point elixir from you, I have to give you half of these. Round up or down?!

The rules say: If any other player's formula was used as a component, they gain half the number of points earned by the player who used that formula.
So, if you make 8-point formula and use somebody's 3-point formula for that, they earn half of 8 points. And, the complex formulas are always even numbers.

26october wrote:
Also, I assumed, since it said nothing about this, that when you take your own formulas for new ones, you don't get any points for using them, correct?

Correct, in the above example, you would just earn 8 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
26 october
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
oops! Thank you very much. As you probably guessed, I misread the rules; we were giving half of the point from the card that was taken! Now it's much better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.