Subject: Solo option? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Carrasco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
This is a question for any of the testers out there. Can Pixel Lincoln be played as a solo game? Thematically, I would say yes as most of the side-scrolling Nintendo games of the 80s were solo in nature. In watching a few of the video (p)reviews I think it seems possible to play this solo (basically doing everything the same; trying to get through both levels and destroying the final boss before losing all your lives). So is it possible to do that or would there need to be tweaks in game play for it to be a solo game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tagmire
United States
Westmont
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Hey Jesse,

You can play Pixel Lincoln solo. We're including rules for solo play in the rule book.

The rules are tweaked very slightly just to keep the game moving along, and to give the additional feeling of trying to beat the clock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtagmire wrote:
Hey Jesse,

You can play Pixel Lincoln solo. We're including rules for solo play in the rule book.

The rules are tweaked very slightly just to keep the game moving along, and to give the additional feeling of trying to beat the clock.
That sounds very thematic Jason! It reminds me of a certain plumber...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tagmire
United States
Westmont
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:
That sounds very thematic Jason! It reminds me of a certain plumber...

I have no clue which plumber you speak of... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Carrasco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
jtagmire wrote:
Hey Jesse,

This is awesome! I'm so glad that this can be a 1-player game as well. Thanks Jason. I am very excited to pre-order my copy now so I can be sure to get it as soon as it is released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Carrasco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I have finally pre-ordered my copy. I can't wait to play this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.