Hide
4 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Noob movement question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dunare alin
msg tools
Hello, I have a question about movement in diagonal.After the FAQ we unterstood thet the wall corners beeing black , you can't pass through them .Ex image 1
\Is this a valid move action.

Because after our rules in Castle Darion Quest the OL put a shadow dragon in front of our party an we remained there for the duration of his peasent slaughter.

My question is could we move pass the dragon?

TX
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can move past the dragon. The FAQ clarified that spaces that are orthogonally adjacent graphically, but separated by a wall, were not adjacent. Like the space with the red corn-token and the one directly above it.
Diagonally adjacent, as in your example: yes, they are adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dunare alin
msg tools
thank you for your answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that, if everything were shifted one square to the left in your second picture, the dragon would be completely in the way. Also, the dragon could turn sideways, still be able to attack the heroes, and block up one of the two paths out (in your example, it could expand downwards, forcing the heroes to go through two water squares to get past it - not completely impassable, but slowing them down quite a bit).

But yes, the heroes can move diagonally around corners just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.