Subject: Mass Expose rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Enemies lose all fortifications this combat, or enemies lose all resistances this combat. Ranged Attack 3."

Can you play this card as "Enemies lose all resistances this combat" during the Ranged and Siege Attacks phase of combat while facing fortified enemies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You play this cast whenever you want; preferably right at the beginning of a combat - otherwise, the fortification part would have no effect

Your answer is "yes".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Lolo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, you can play it any time, but they would still be fortified. "Fortified" is not a resistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HealingAura wrote:
Can you play this card as "Enemies lose all resistances this combat" during the Ranged and Siege Attacks phase of combat while facing fortified enemies?

Sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my last game I used the last ability of Altem Mages (unit) to turn all my attacks into siege attacks. I thought I had to turn the ranged attack of Mass Expose into siege attack in order to be able to play the card against fortified enemies, since the rules mention:

"If some of the chosen enemies are fortified (either because they are defending a fortified site, or because they have the fortified ability on their token), only Siege Attacks can be played. You can play Ranged
Attacks only if none of the targeted enemies are fortified."

Since none of the enemies were double fortified, and all my attacks were turned into siege attacks, all I had to worry about was their resistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually wondered about this spell in my last game. Does the phrase "Enemies lose all fortifications this combat..." refer only to printed fortifications on the token, or also to fortifications provided by a location?

I have been playing it with the latter interpretation, but something about the wording on the card made me wonder if that was correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It removes all fortifications, both those printed on the tokens, and those provided by the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
MikePustilnik wrote:
It removes all fortifications, both those printed on the tokens, and those provided by the site.

Yup, hence the "all."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen
Germany
flag msg tools
Does this mean, that a fortified unit (printed) at a fortified place (e.g. city) = double fortified unit loses all its fortifications, i.e. can be attacked by ranged attacks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Seidel
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stephen_vogel wrote:
Does this mean, that a fortified unit (printed) at a fortified place (e.g. city) = double fortified unit loses all its fortifications, i.e. can be attacked by ranged attacks?

Thats correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.