Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Zyla rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Öberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi!

Me and my fellow players have been trying to understand just exactly how the fairy Zyla's heroic feat work.
Does she activate it between figures activation or at the start of a new round?
1) Lets say that beatman 1 acivates, moves into close combat and starts pounding her silly.
Then, before beastman number 2 activates she vanishes, leaving the poor beastman confused and unhappy.
or
2) Zyla must be declared the first hero to act in a round to be able to use her ability.

Number 2 seems weird to me, as it would force her to miss a turn.

How do you interpret it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have been trying to figure out the logic behind her Heroic Feat as well. As most of the time the heroes are trying to accomplish their goal as quickly as possible or block the baddies from doing something, it doesn't make sense that you would voluntarily remove your figure from the map FOR A WHOLE TURN! However, that's how it reads to me. I believe the phrasing is "Before any figure activates".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Dekarr
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I've been wondering about this as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the "before any figure activates" wording means that you can do it in between any two figures activating, not as the first thing in a round. So if Zyla just got smacked by a barghest, she can use it to vanish before the second monster can come in to finish her off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It helps to post the relevant text for those of us who don't have the cards handy. For reference:

It's meant to be done before *any* figure is activated, so right before that Troll activates, Zyla disappears and stays disappeared until her next turn.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Öberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.